- Development of new technologies in the field of dry backing pumps
- Design of machine elements or assemblies and preparation of specifications
- Performing calculations using design software including FEM
- Development of new calculation and design methods
- Planning and supervision of laboratory tests
- Analysis of calculation and test results and derivation of improvement measures
- Preparation of technical reports
- Interdisciplinary cooperation with the manufacturing and assembly departments
- Confident handling of specifications (circuit diagram, 3D 2D drawings, P&IP)
- Guidance and control of internal and external engineering service providers (mechanical, electro-technical)
- Basic knowledge in handling standards MSR, EN 60204, ISO EN
- Execution of commissioning in the laboratory or guidance of commissioning of mechatronic solutions under consideration of the valid safety rules
- Cooperation in CE documentation of products
- Technical qualification of suppliers
- Cooperation with service providers and universities at home and abroad
- Case-by-case supervision of qualification tests at customers at home and abroad
- Case by case management of development projects
What we expect of you?
- Completed university studies in the field of mechanical engineering, mechatronics, physics or comparable
- Strong interest in technical and physical contexts
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge in the field of vacuum pumps or compressors
- CAD and FEM knowledge (PTC Creo / ANSYS)
- Confident handling of MS-Office and project planning tools
- Good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
- Strong communication skills, high social competence in dealing with international teams
- Determination, agility, structured and independent way of working
- Enthusiasm and ambition to achieve challenging goals
- Willingness to travel nationally and internationally
- Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
What you can expect from us?
- International career opportunities within the Atlas Copco Group
- Independent and varied tasks
- Professional and personal further training opportunities
- Attractive compensation package
- Flexible working time models
- Collective agreement for the metal and electrical industry
- 30 days holiday, company car park, company canteen
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.