As a Service Engineer you are our brand ambassador and our face towards our customers. You will be providing best in class field service and support at our customer sites, and represent our pioneering Leybold brand. You will carry out repairs and maintenance, acquisition of assignments, perform leakage testing and troubleshooting both at customer site and our workshop in Zaventem. You will be joining a team with passion for success, for both our business and our customers.
- Build-up customer relationships and identifying business opportunities whilst being on site so we remain “First in mind- First in choice”.
- Proactively identifying opportunities for the sales teams which will support the growth or our Customer Centre.
- Providing technical support in the form of troubleshooting either by phone, email or on site – keeping the customer informed at all times.
- Sharing lessons learnt to enhance personal knowledge, promote knowledge-sharing and to foster teamwork and collaboration amongst colleagues
- Communicating our service capabilities and other relevant activities to our customers
- Collaborating with the internal teams to find optimal solutions in case of breakdowns
- Work according to the company's safety guidelines 100% safety 100% of the time
What we expect of you?
We are looking for the following:
- Ideally second degree at Mechanical / Electrical Engineer or comparable
- 3-5 years of professional experience as service technician ideally in vacuum technology
- Technical expertise, combining mechanical and electrical components
- Technical and application knowledge, ability to constantly learn and develop
- Aspiration to keep up to date with latest technology developments, such as IoT, connectivity etc
- Willing to travel to customer sites and to our onsite workshop in Zaventem
- Able to build strong customer relationships
- Comfortable in face to face interactions with the customer and be strongly service minded
- Able to work by yourself, with a solutions focused mindset
- Show initiative, agility and integrity
- Customer orientated and reliable
- Excellent communication skills to work at all levels within an organization
- Very good knowledge of the Dutch, French and English language in both word and writing
- Open and approachable
What you can expect from us?
At Leybold we know that investment in our people is key to our business success which is why we offer a journey of endless opportunities. We strongly believe that passionate people create exceptional things and this ethos creates the framework in which we work. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and close customer collaboration enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With us you will have the authority to act and many opportunities to create lasting results.
We want to be a workplace for everyone. At Leybold we know that diversity and inclusion are crucial to our long-term success. We know that diversity and inclusion help us understand our customers needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation and results.
We offer a comprehensive package consisting of:
- highly competitive salary
- performance related bonus
- excellent benefits
The history of Leybold spans a period of over 170 years. Our mission is to drive sustainable, profitable growth aligned with our core values of interaction, commitment and innovation. We employ people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company contribute to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams. We offer a wide range of training and further education programs, to enhance your know-how and to systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.
Leybold is where it begins – Pioneering products. Passionately applied.