The Role - Workshop Technician:
• Disassemble, clean, assemble and test vacuum pumps to company’s quality standards and production schedule.
• Ensure achievement of production targets on productivity, volume and efficiency.
• Reduce rejects and ensure quick turnaround through effective liaison with other departments and stores.
• Assist occasionally materials store and local logistics activities.
• Participate in Kaizen activities as part of continuous improvement of workshop targets on quality, productivity and efficiency.
• Ensure that the appropriate standards of behaviour and performance are maintained within the workshop.
• Ensure that completed H&S forms are available before commencing the work and must approach team leader to arrange the H&S forms if they are not available.
• Ensure that the company’s health and Safety policy is adhered to with the aim being to maintain a safe working environment.
• Ensure that the workshop is clean, safe and managed daily to maintain safety.
• Liaise with team leader and other departments where necessary to ensure the above duties are achieved.
What we expect of you:
- High School diploma or equivalent associated experience.
- Knowledge and experience of the principles of electrical or mechanical component constructions and assembly. Dependent on assigned area.
- Ability to read and interpret engineered drawings and diagrams.
- Experience with hand tools and small power tools.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to climb a ladder to reach top locations on assemblies.
- Job will involve standing for most of the day and will include work at floor level.
What you can expect from us:
Edwards offer you a competitive salary and attractive benefits. But there's more! You will join a high performing team and a company with a good reputation and a rich history. The open culture ensures that everyone is accessible and willing to help you. Edwards is part of the Atlas Copco Group, so there are many opportunities in the UK and globally within a culturally rich and diverse team.
Safety - Join a company which promotes a strong multi-cultural, diverse and inclusive workplace where the importance of Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) is paramount. The company is always developing it’s SHE culture and adopting behaviors that ensure the wellbeing of our team members, and we ensure that our customers understand and recognize the value and importance Edwards places upon this key aspect of work, and the part that they also play.
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.