The complexity of the regulations and implications for the Company of non-compliance make the role of vital importance, especially as VT increases overseas sourcing and manufacturing and as the global trade regulatory environment changes.
The scope of this role covers all aspects of Trade compliance process management in the U.K, in which the equipment operations has significant presence covering both Import and Export Control regulations.
The primary accountabilities of the Trade Compliance team are to organise and manage the function by developing, deploying and auditing import and export compliance, and duty minimisation regimes whilst ensuring that all import and export movements are progressed as efficiently as possible.
The jobholder will need to be skilled at evaluating existing and new regulatory information quickly and assessing the degree to which it may impact on VT's operations.
This position supports the Trade Compliance Process Manager in ensuring compliance with applicable import/export regulations for the Vacuum Technique ("VT") Business Area within Atlas Copco. The TC Specialist will be responsible for reviewing transactions in relation to sanctions, dual-use and end-use controls to ensure compliance with the VT global trade compliance policies. Additionally, the TC Specialist will support all applicable Customs requirements relating to imports into the U.K, and be knowledgeable of the Brexit impact on this.
- • To ensure import and export regulatory compliance is maintained in for the VT Business Area in the U.K.
- • To have responsibility for supporting ECCN and HTS classifications in the region, where required.
- • To ensure compliance with regional licensing regulations covering all products that may be subject to Export Control regulations.
- • To develop the processes, procedures and systems to ensure/support ongoing compliance and effective information flow.
- • To develop and manage effective relationships with Government agencies involved in Trade compliance
- • To provide support in BREXIT preparation and readiness
- • To identify, evaluate and implement relevant duty savings opportunities, such as FTA’s
- • To keep informed of changes to relevant trade control legislation and ensure any processes are reviewed as a result of such changes.
Knowledge, Skills, Experienced Required
- • Degree in International Business/Logistics/Supply Chain beneficial
- • Five years plus of International Trade compliance experience required. This is to include sound knowledge of the Eu dual-use regulations, HMRC Customs, U.S EAR & Customs regulations
- • AEO experience beneficial
- • Knowledge of SPIRE licensing system required
- • HTS and ECCN classification experience required
- • ERP and manufacturing systems literate -SAP GTS experience preferred
- • Experience in development and deployment of compliance policy, processes and procedures beneficial
- • Knowledge of how International Trade compliance fits with modern global operations and supply chain management beneficial
- • Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills required
- • Performance Through People
- • Partnership Building
- • Results/Goal Orientation
- • Creativity/Adaptability
- • Judgment
- • Influencing
- • Information Sharing
- • Change Leadership
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.