iTrap is a compact, sensitive, robust ion trap mass spectrometer, used for process analysis and inline process control functions in Semiconductor process steps – particularly dry etch. We are hiring an ion trap technologist to help push the core technology forward and to develop special features conducive to semiconductor process needs.
- Functions as a technical expert in quadrupole ion traps to design, develop, simulate, execute, and troubleshoot experiments for mass spectrometry product enhancements. Support applications engineering’s work in tuning iTrap performance for semiconductor needs
- Work closely with product management to align product roadmaps with customer requirements
- Steer and closely collaborate with external development partner
- Understand customers’ high value problems and communicate to divisional product management to drive product roadmaps in order to maintain our technical leadership and competitive advantage
- Contribute to the application and product management meetings in order to prioritise products and enhancements for development
- Contribute to R&D-to-high volume manufacturing product adoption/qualification to deployment
- Participates in symposiums, technical workshops, present papers, thought leadership
What we expect of you?
- An advanced degree (MS minimum, PH.D. desirable) in physics, analytical or physical chemistry (instrumental analysis or development), or related fields
- Desirable: experience in mass spectrometry instrumentation design and testing
- Must-have: Experience in numerical computer simulations
- Desirable: Experience in simulationg mass spectrometery systems with SIMION/Comcol
- Knowledge of Vacuum technologies, gauges etc
- Knowledge of electronics and signal processing
- Fluent English Essentials, German useful
What you can expect from us?
- Independent and broad range of tasks and responsibilities
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working time models
- State-of the art Learning Management system with free access to global courses
- International career opportunities within the Atlas Copco Group, a Swedish multinational industrial player
Cologne (Germany) / Hillsboro (Oregon)
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.