Oversee the field service business to achieve annual business goals for revenue & gross profit in coordination with the regional and global services strategies. Oversee and coordinate the planning, scheduling, and prioritization for all field repairs and keeping contractual commitments for all customers under service agreement. Utilize KPI’s to monitor FSE utilzation and productivity. Works with TAC team and product company to focus FSE training activities that will facilate their growth to meet balanced customer support and business needs. Support regional service sales activities.
- Manage human resources, including selection, recommend staffing levels and changes in accordance with company and departmental mission, coaching, discipline, motivation and annual reviews of staff. Maintain a training matrix for the team.
- Coordinate daily field service demands by applying the appropriate resources to meet those demands. Balance work load to assure efficiency, productivity, and stability in the work force to meet customer excpectations.
- Supervise and develop the FSE team for optimal resource utilization, quality of work, effective documentation, and timely reporting as required by our information management systems; Innosoft and SAP.
- Ensure the FSE team has the required tools and parts associated with each schedule service request.
- Make certain there is timely closure of field service jobs to faciltate the contribution of FS revenue to the overall service financial goals.
- Make sure customer requests for on site service are responded to in a timely maner keeping the assigned account manager aware of opportunities via direct contact and through C4C.
- Develop and implement service contract scheduling strategy to assure all contractual commitments are fulfilled during the contract period.
- Develop, generate and provide strategic analysis reports (with focus on reason for variance deviation between planned and actual) of set Key Performance Indicators.
- Review repair details from the technicians for accuracy and content when needed.
- Coordinate with the STC Failure Analysis Engineer (FAE) to develop supporting documentation for warranty denial & failure analysis reports. Communicate findings with the Leybold Sales team,(i.e., written reports, and photos)
- Monitor and report on BI VTS’s FS KPI’s (i.e. utilization, etc.) escalate when needed or as requested by management.
- A minimum A.S. technical degree is required and at least 5 years of experience technically related to field service work and a technical product. B.S. is degree preferred
- At least 5 years supervisory experience is required.
- Requires customer relations and field service support support experience.
- Individual must have be self-motivated and result driven
- Ability to analyze data and influence improvements. Project management experience is desired.
- Strong MS Office skills (i.e., Excel); SAP is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel up to 30% may be required
Project planning, Managing & Measuring Work, Process Management, Planning, and Technical
Excellent working conditions & benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.