1. Nature and Scope
The scope of this role covers all Vacuum Technique divisions globally. The candidate will support the Trade Compliance Classification Manager in assigning appropriate master data (e.g. HTS and ECCN classifications, origin data) to our parts and maintaining this information in the SAP GTS system.
The jobholder will need to be knowledgeable with Customs and Export control requirements and be detail orientated. It is also useful to have technical knowledge of the products in our range (i.e. vacuum pumps, their parts and accessories, pump exhaust abatement equipment, system control, gauges & sensors, pipe fittings) in order to assign the relevant classifications. The position is part of a global team and therefore may require some US/EMEA time-zone contact.
2. Principal Accountabilities
- Classify items with Export Control Classification Number (ECCN), country of origin and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) number across global sites
- Upload this data to our GTS system and manage this accordingly
- Monitor changes published by Customs and export control authorities and ensure these are updated
- Experience with import classification globally (US/EMEA/APAC)
- Knowledge of export control and licensing requirements in APAC region (particularly China and South Korea)
- Help establish, document and administer import/export classification procedures.
- Responsible for supporting external audits for Trade Compliance
- Prepare and submit classification requests, as required
- Promptly inform manager of any suspected violations of trade regulations by company employees or service providers (import brokers, freight forwarders)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
The Role is within VTBA’s Global Trade Compliance department, reporting to Classification Manager, and the classification team manager reports to the Head of Global Trade.
VTBA Trade Compliance team consists of 20 people across APAC, EMEA and the U.S.
4. Knowledge, Skills, Experienced Required
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations. Working knowledge of;
- Export control regulations in APAC region
- Custom (import) procedures in APAC region
- Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- U.S. Customs Regulations
- EU dual-use controls
- EU TARIC
- English and Chinese language (verbal and written) is mandatory
- Strong knowledge and experience with HTS and ECCN classification
- Knowledge and experience with FTAs and other Economic Cooperation Framework related requirements
- Excellent verbal and written skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) and PC skills.
- Moderate years of International Trade/Logistics with an emphasis on importing related topics and issues
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in import/export classification
- Experience of vacuum equipment with knowledge of pumps, their spare parts, accessories and their use in various industries would be useful
- Experienced in data gathering and analysis
- Experience with SAP - Global Trade Services (GTS) preferred but not mandatory
Start a journey towards something greater
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our caring culture and leading-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With us you become part of a global community of passionate people making a tangible impact on people’s lives.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.