We want to be a workplace for everyone. At Leybold we know that diversity and inclusion are critical to our long-term success.
We know that diversity and inclusion help us understand our customers’ needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation and results.
- Contribute to development of CAPEX projects. Under direction of senior manufacturing engineers develop concepts, produce designs, obtain quotes, produce project schedules, and perform safety assessments.
- Support execution of CAPEX projects. Engage with suppliers and contractors to safely deliver project deliverables on schedule and on budget. Contribute to internal project meetings, spend and schedule tracking, engineering management reports, and post-project reviews and effectiveness measurement.
- Support execution of portfolio of continuous improvement projects (CIP), consisting of;
- projects proactively generated by engineering team through application of their knowledge and expertise and application of tools such as Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and Capacity Models
- inputs gathered from local teams (operations, safety, quality) and global teams (NPI, lean, technology, and cost reduction teams.)
- Contribute to regular priority alignment and performance reviews with regional GMs and operations managers to ensure regular, structured alignment of CIP program.
- Maintain capacity model for the STC Dresden, collating site configuration, remanufacturing standard times, and volume forecast data to provide foresight of equipment utilisation changes.
- Implement internal directives, such as Service Information Bulletins, issued by global teams to address quality or operational issues
- Fulfil engineering scope of Vacuum Technique Production System (VTPS) e.g. attend site operations meetings, conduct site walkthroughs, support problem solving activities.
- Prepare Kaizen, Permit, and Engineering Change applications for submission to internal change control council.
- Execute program of engineering audits to ensure deviations from published standards are identified and addressed.
- Manage own continuous development through application of structured planning & review process and identification/attendance of appropriate training programs.
What you can expect from us?
- Excellent working conditions
- Independent and wide-ranging tasks and responsibilities
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- You can grow with us: International career opportunities within the Atlas Copco Group - we always look for internal candidates before checking the market
- Modern learning management system with free access to worldwide courses
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working time models
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
What we expect of you?
- A Degree level qualification in an Engineering discipline, e. g. mechanical engineering
- Experience of managing external stakeholders including suppliers and contractors
- High level of customer focus, and experience of working to understand and fulfil their needs.
- Able to operate effectively from shop floor to management team
- High level of organisational awareness, and experience of influencing and delivering results without direct line of authority
- Strong communication skills across geographical and cultural borders
- Fluent German and English language - able to hold technical discussions
- Focussed on own continuous development
- Flexible working pattern to facilitate collaboration with global teams
- Experience of executing a variety of project types
- Knowledge of high-accuracy mechanical system design and manufacturing preferred
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and quality tools (e. g. Kaizen, Time-Study, VSM, PFMEA, Problem Solving Tools)
- Knowledge of safety management tools (risk assessment, permit to work)
- Proficient in use of engineering and prodcutivity tools e. g. AutoCAD, MS Project, O365
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success. The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams. Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.