Being a professional business partner to the Scientific Vacuum Division (SVD) employees and management teams, supporting the global SVD Headquarters in all people related tasks and being a facilitator to local HR for divisional team members around the globe. Support the HR Vice President in global HR projects and actively implement strategic activities in the Division whilst providing high quality HR services.
- Being the business partner for all HR activities of the SVD divisional employees in Germany, Czech, UK and USA. This includes the development and implementation of strategies to create high performing teams and a healthy and motivating working climate.
- Being local partner for SV Divisional people in Cologne for all operational aligned HR tasks.
- Being in close contact with local HR to ensure SVD team members around the globe are managed well and that global strategies are well implemented and understood.
- Support the VPHR in all strategic initiatives across the globe in Customer Centers and Product Companies.
- Ensure that high quality HR service is provided to meet business objectives for which you are responsible.
- Work closely with business leaders and line managers, providing expert HR guidance on a variety of HR matters. In doing so, advise on compliance and risk management issues, providing an appropriate level of challenge where appropriate.
- Encourage and actively work with divisional leadership teams to develop an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes openness, trust, collaboration, feedback, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Develop talent management strategies in your assigned areas of responsibility, which includes recruitment, succession planning, organizational design, individual and organization development, global mobility and optimization of the graduate program.
- To be involved in wider global and local HR projects, as appropriate and as directed by the Divisional VP HR.
- To take a lead role in roll out of global HR projects to employees as required, in agreement with VP HR.
- Collaborate with other members of the global HR team as appropriate to align ways of working and share best practice globally.
- Coach and develop team members to build and maximize capability ensure alignment across areas of responsibility as far as possible, and the sharing of best practice.
- Maintain a strong connection with employees in your area of responsibility
- Fluent in English and German
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology or economics
- At least 7 years experience in general HR Management
- Experience of operating a continuously changing and evolving environment.
- Taking the functional lead in a metrics organisation.
- Positive and service-oriented mindset, being solution driven and forward thinking. Agile minded, open and curious to learn new things
- Help others understand the WHY of change and be a strong advocate for HR related changes
- Empathetic way of communicating, business driven and ability to connect HR to business projects
- Ability to work independently, whilst also being able to judge when additional support is required.
- Ability to set own priorities, manage multiple tasks and reschedule work in a changing environment.
Scope of the role
The job holder will guide a group of HR Managers within the admin line responsibility as well as in the operational business and support the VP HR with his/her expertise. The job holder will also collaborate with a large HR peer group and team of experts in the BA/Group to ensure provision of a high-quality HR service, which leverages knowledge and resources and shares best practice.
The job holder is likely to need to communicate and negotiate with a wider range of employees, senior managers and some external contacts on a regular basis. It’s highly likely that communication, persuasion and influencing skills will be key to success in this role. In order to provide accurate advice and guidance to line management on procedures and recommend actions on issues, the job holder will be expected to maintain a thorough knowledge of current employment legislation globally as well as in the local market context and company policies.
Mrs. Lindy Strudwick (HR VP, Scientific Division)
Mr. Yat Hong Yuen (HR BP)
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.