The VTS Divisional strategy is to strengthen the Field Service business and to create a united organization, which will manage and serve the field service multi-brands: AtlasCopco Vacuum, Leybold, and Edwards and customers in North America.
This organization will increase our flexibility, footprint and customer focus while giving our people the opportunity to work in a broad, high competent team.
The mission will be to establish, lead and manage this united team and organization, build trust in the team, create and define processes, support the change and ensure that all different service teams from all brands are equally served successfully through this organization.
- Training of FSE on all brands
- Cost and budget responsibility
- Ensure Delivery of exceptional customer experience
- Team and leadership responsibility of service teams of several brands
- Responsibility for process improvement
- Responsibility for regular project status reporting to BLMs and Division
- Ensure compliance with SHEQ policies in the Field Service team and provide advice and guidance to the Field Service Engineers (FSE’s) on any regulatory aspects of SHEQ.
- Build up the united organization and manage the change process in a sustainable way, bringing all relevant stakeholders together and ensure clear communication in all steps being taken.
- Build trust and confidence in the team and dedicate time to an extensive competence management process in close cooperation and support through the VTS Academy and local HRM.
- Hold and manage regular communication with the FS team, as well as to all BLMs, service teams and VTS divisional teams. Ensure that processes are mapped and aligned, as well as, necessary changes are initiated in close cooperation with different local service teams as well as the divisional team
- Effectively manage the service operations and ensure that all interfaces and service teams understand their roles and responsibilities and are working in a successful way.
- Ensure all customer service requirements and service jobs are executed correctly and delivered in a timely and efficient manner, to secure highest customer satisfaction.
- Promote the culture of FSE as “face to the customer“ to actively promote leads to service and equipment sales teams.
- Develop and maintain a training matrix to ensure FSE’s are progressing and being cross-trained on all brands. Ensure all FSE are engaged in a learning environment, making full usage of Learning Link platform to use for product, functional and soft skill/ personal training.
- Manage and monitor resources to ensure that all allocated work is completed on an efficient and effective basis.
- Act as a source of vacuum and field engineering expertise, providing advice, guidance and support to the team as needed.
- Map and control costs and cost structures of the united VTS team in close cooperation with the local and divisional Business Controllers (BC).
- Maintain a close relationship to every BLM on a 1 to1 basis to ensure full transparency about capacity and competence for each CC. Have regular meetings together with all involved BLMs and Opers. Managers to review priorities, people, progress and needed actions. Ensure that customers’ needs are being met and maintained.
- Manages human resources including workload, manpower planning, selection, coaching, training, discipline and motivation of staff
- Achieve monthly/yearly cost, utilization, productive hours, external efficiency, travel ratio targets, & manage key KPI’s.
- B.S. Technical Degree is preferred or equivalent work experience in a technical field
- At least seven years of working experience in service or operations management
- Strong organziational and people skills
- Experience in leading change
- Knowledge of vacuum technology and products is highly desirable
- PC, Microsoft Office, SAP, MS Project, MS Excel are required
- Valid Drivers License required
- Up to 50% travel is required
- Good service business understanding
- Understanding of how to lead and manage business through relevant KPI
- People management is of core essence and essential
- Stakeholder management across different levels within and outside of the organization
- Good understanding of change management
- Excellent communication style as to explain expectations, make decisions understandable and positively influence team
- Successfully manage the change process in the organization by leading by example and establishing a positive working environment, having a common visison understood.
- Ability to build trust and have an empathetic communication style, listening to all voices in the team.
- Build up and sustain relationships inside and outside of the organization.
- Being able to manage stakeholders in different parts of the organization.
- Ability to constantly improve processes and ensure the organization constantly challenges the status quo
- Strong Customer oriented attitude. Follow up with appropriate BLM as needed on customer issues to ensure problems are effectively resolved.
- Use knowledge of the business to guide decision and help others understand their contribution and the bigger picture.
- Proactive mindset and foster a sense of urgency in the team, holding team accountable.
- Encourage team members to innovative ideas and solutions, as well as sharing of lessons learned and best practices.
- Individuals must be self-motivated and results driven.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
VTS (Leybold/Edwards/Atlas Copco VT) employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment within the multi-brands. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
All multi-branded companies are part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.