Support the business development and strategically work on growing the Scientific Vacuum product portfiolio within the U.S. focused on High Vacuum Key Accounts. Direct contact and oversight of designated Sales Team and partners. Represents Leybold, products, and services to potential and current customers with integrity and honesty. Provides the company with new customers and expands the business opportunities with existing customers. Works with and supports other departments within the company in the achievement of sales plans, product forecasting, increasing business and maintaining prudent operating budgets. Acts as a technical authority and leader on Scientific Vacuum products in North America and interacts with SV Vacuum Management team.
- Responsible for the sale of ALL company products in an assigned account base within a geographic region focus on Advanced Vacuum Market.
- Responsible for overall budget and profitability for Account Managers, Agents, Reps, and Distributors who hold the customer budgets. Set both short term (12 month) and long-term (3 years) goals.
- Management responsibility for a designated sales team. Includes sales coaching, problem resolution and achievement of annual sales revenue targets.
- Establish and implement aggressive territory sales strategies and goals as defined by the Business Line Managers for a defined Region and assigned accounts.
- Drive sales growth in new and/or expanded opportunities for Leybold products and services. (This will be focused but not exclusively in the Advanced market applications).
- In coordination with U.S. leadership implement National Sales strategies to grow high vacuum sales revenue and profitability.
- Identify and capture new and or expanded opportunities for the Leybold products and services. Maintain relationships with key SV customers.
- Understand the markets and competitors to ensure service sales channels are effective and management has the required inputs to the strategic and tactical planning processes.
- Deploy new product concepts based on market driven opportunities.
- Provide technical support, applications and sales support to customers such as, technical support, product selection, quotations, terms & conditions, contract administration, etc.
- Create customer proposals for standard and custom systems working in close coordination with systems engineering in specifying equipment, solutions and provide support to Sales / Marketing in the preparation of customer quotes.
- Achieve strong customer satisfaction levels on vacuum Projects and prompt complaint resolution by interaction with other departments.
- Attend trade shows, seminars and training sessions to keep informed of trends effecting customers, keep abreast of competitive products, services, and value-added activities.
- Participate in Vacuum Academy educational course/training.
- Complete all assignments (i.e. Monthly Reports, Forecasts, Expense Reports, etc.) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage the CRM to ensure that sales information is updated and the pipeline and lead information entered timely and accurate.
- Responsible for maintaining company property (automobile, computer, office equipment, customer demo/loaner products, consignment stock, etc.) that is in his/her control, and or at his/her customer site
- B.S. degree in Engineering or related technical discipline required or at least 8 years of technical experience.
- Overnight travel is required, up to 50%.
- Strong inter-personal, entrepreneurial leadership, people management and empowerment skills with a broad business background.
- Excellent PC skills are required (MS Office, Word, Excel, & Powerpoint).
- Thorough understanding CRM tools
- Excellent critical thinking and relationship management skills.
- Knowledge of business communication, strong computer skills, the ability to manage multiple projects and details is required.
- Strong familiarity with application of personal computer and Microsoft Office software.
- Working knowledge of both Industrial and Advanced pump markets are a plus.
- Ability to analyze organizational strengths & weaknesses and drive change.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
What we expect of you:
- A broad knowledge and experience in Sales or Servicing a technical product
- Business development skills
- Excellent communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills
- Higher knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, SAP and Manufacturing systems (SAP) software and CRM's are required
- Proactive and self-motivated. High attention to detail
- A flexible approach and ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of vacuum theory or principles is a plus
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent working conditions and benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- Work in a global diverse and dynamic environment
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Leybold boasts about the possibility of employing staff on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential to our success.
The needs of the High-Tech industry and cultural diversity within our globally active company help create an attractive and challenging work environment. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and willingness to work in teams of international projects.
Leybold is part of Atlas Copco's Vacuum Technique Business area and the group's sustainable approach also determines our values and prospects. A wide range of training and further training programmes are available to improve technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only big ideas accelerate innovation.