Senior position to drive technical innovations in the LR product lines for the Industrial Division, supporting all brands. Develop programs for sustaining engineering around LR product line to support the Industrial Division
Geographical scope of the role: Global role with minor focus on North America initiatives
Drive product innovation around LR product lines for all brands
Assist in developing a holistic QA/QC program for the Systems & Solutions Business.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the current LR product line with differentiated products targeted into all industrial markets. Drive / assist with innovative NPD programs leveraging any opportunities to patent new ideas or concepts.
- Assist in the development of an innovative single and two stage LR product lines for the process industry.
- Assist in adapting the LR product line for positive discharge applications or other requirements.
- Establish a comprehensive LR sustaining engineering program to assist with evaluations of the product compatibility during the quotation phase for strenuous conditions commonly found in the process industry.
- Develop a comprehensive QA/QC program for the Systems business, consisting of, but not limited to:
- QA/QC operational processes and procedures
- QA/QC feeding into, and in support of, a continuous improvement program
- Systems testing protocols and acceptance criteria
- ITP plans to conform with specific customer requirements
- Support SCM with vendor qualifications and quality audit programs
- Supporting the CC Sales organization in identifying opportunities and offering differentiated product options
- Providing extensive and effective mentoring of junior NPD and application engineers on liquid ring products.
- Develop comprehensive training around general LR theory and principles of design.
- Contribute in setting direction and providing guidance within VIN and around LR products.
- Support recruiting efforts around LR products and technology
- Undertake ad hoc project work as required
- University degree (Bachelor/Masters) in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Result-oriented and experienced professional with at least 10 years of proven senior experience in managing an R&D / NPD organization.
- Extensive experience with liquid ring (LR) technology and ability to design LR pumps and compressors for various applications within the numerous industries.
- Experience in sustaining engineering and day-to-day support of the Systems and Sales organizations.
- Proven experience in creating, managing and driving QA/QC processes across multiple organizations
- Related commercial and/or business development experience advantageous
- Strong technical competency in rotating equipment and various applications within the process industry
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Knowledge in SAP advantageous
- Excellent command of English in both writing and speaking, other languages advantageous
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with the management and employees at all levels. Must possess strong communication capabilities and the ability to empower the members within the team.
- Effective communication skills and ability to interact with people
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail, capable of managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong focus on quality, accuracy, deadlines and orderly work.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from divisional management, the local teams and customers
- Clear decision making
- Act and think strategically
- Empower for initiatives, take ownership and raise red flags in case needed
- Ability for occasional overseas & up to 20% regional travel
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
What you can expect from us?
- Excellent working conditions and benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- Work in a global diverse and dynamic environment
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
What we expect of you?
- A broad knowledge and experience with with a technical product
- Excellent communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills
- Higher knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, SAP and Manufacturing systems (SAP) software are required
- Proactive and self-motivated. High attention to detail
- A flexible approach and ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of vacuum theory or principles is a plus
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.