Edwards Vacuum, STC, VSS
At Edwards Vacuum believe that there is always a better way. This spirit drives us to provide leading edge technology, innovative and sustainable products, as well as best in class service to our customers around the globe.
That’s where you come in – we believe our people make it happen.
- The role is part of a global Failure Analysis team based within a Service Technology Centre.
- Assist in identifying the cause of failure and support Failure Analysis Manager in root cause analysis by providing data and knowledge from failure identification material, field information, SAP, download data, warranty test stands, strip report data, and final test data.
- Advanced problem solving and detailed analysis to understand failure and understands and utilizes escalation process for more complex investigations.
- To track and raise potential new types of failure modes and new problem processes with supporting evidence provided to the Senior Failure Analysis Engineer and Failure Analysis Manager leading to an improvement of the lifetime of vacuum pumps.
- Provide accurate quality failure reports in the failure analysis system for all products returned to the Service Technology Centre so they can be approved by the Senior Failure Analysis Engineer for release to customers within acceptable time schedules.
- Accurately record failures in SAP and the failure analysis reporting system.
Work with the Failure Analysis and technical teams to improve root cause identification and support the introduction of corrective actions.
- Raise warranty issues when required with the Senior Failure Analysis Engineer including the provision of supporting information.
- Is an integral & productive member of a team of failure analysis engineers supporting the Service Technology Centre in failure analysis activities providing information, guidance, and technical support within the team.
- Supports all Service Technology Centers’ serviced products both within Vacuum Technique and Vacuum Semiconductor Service.
- Observing/testing/stripping of returned customer product within the shop floor operations.
- Complies with all applicable laws, policies, and standards to ensure organizational, safety, and health obligations are met.
What we expect of you:
- Experience within the field or on-site servicing, either within vacuum or abatement; or a minimum of 3 years ‘experience within a Service Technology Centre.
- Experience in decontamination and parts inspection, or experience in a technical support role.
- Solid understanding of manufacturing and service methods.
- A wide range of product knowledge across the Vacuum Technique divisions.
- Methodical, with strong attention to detail to enable detailed failure analysis investigation to support fact-based decision-making processes.
- Self-directed, with the ability to understand and resolve advanced failure analysis problems and escalates through the appropriate channels when required.
- Demonstrates customer awareness and ensures customer expectations and timeframes are met, whilst working in alignment with Edwards and Leybold’s processes.
- Raises continuous improvement opportunities to Senior Failure Analysis Engineer.
- Able to work collaboratively within a team, sharing technical expertise and knowledge.
- Understands and uses the appropriate tools and techniques to aid failure analysis work e.g., parts inspection, troubleshooting, quality tools.
- Experienced in MS Office applications.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, ensuring a consistently high standard of detailed information capture.
- Proficient with home country language.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive Salary & Benefits: But there's more! You will join a high performing team and a company with a good reputation and a rich history. The open culture ensures that everyone is accessible and willing to help you. Edwards is part of the Atlas Copco Group, so there are many opportunities in the US and globally within a culturally rich and diverse team.
- Safety - Join a company which promotes a strong multi-cultural, diverse, and inclusive workplace where the importance of Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) is paramount. The company is always developing it’s SHE culture and adopting behaviors that ensure the wellbeing of our team members, and we ensure that our customers understand and recognize the value and importance Edwards places upon this key aspect of work, and the part that they also play.
- People - Our people make Edwards a great place to work. We support our people to grow and develop, offering a strong training culture and opportunities for advancement and mobility. We identify successors, readiness, and skills gaps for all key roles to ensure that a pipeline of business ready diverse & mobile talent is in place for current and future needs.
- Knowledge - We encourage openness and sharing of knowledge to improve the knowledge exchange across the Company for benefit of our teams, our customers, and our business.
- Diverse and Inclusive - We want to be a workplace for everyone. At Edwards, part of the Atlas Copco Group, we know that diversity and inclusion are critical to our long-term success. We know that diversity and inclusion help us to understand our customers’ needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation, and results.
- Sustainability – Edwards celebrated is 100-year centenary in 2020 and is part of a group that is 148 years old and going strong. Be part of an organization that continues to grow, while it looks after the Planet, its Profit, and its People.
- Global Leadership - Edwards is a global leader of vacuum and abatement systems. We are proud to lead the industry, pushing the boundaries of science to deliver innovative products which are intrinsic to everyday life. Vacuum is required in diverse sectors, from the generation of power to the production of steel, to the making of semi-conductor chips, and the challenging environments of space simulation and high energy physics research.
City / State:
About the Company:
Edwards is a global leader of vacuum and abatement. We are proud to lead the industry, pushing the boundaries of science to deliver innovative products which are intrinsic to everyday life, working in partnership with our customers and continually setting new standards.
With over 100 years of rich heritage, Edwards is the partner of choice for tens of thousands of customers in critical applications around the world. Vacuum is required in diverse sectors, from the production of semiconductor chips and steel, to the generation of power, to the challenging environments of space simulation and high energy physics research. Everywhere you find industrial vacuum requirements, you will find Edwards leading the way.
From medicines to mobile phones, from computers to coffee beans, to cars and chemicals, we pride ourselves in making a difference to people’s lives. And we do it responsibly, ensuring that we innovate sustainably, while helping our customers to maintain their competitive advantage and operational excellence.
Edwards is part of the Atlas Copco Group (NASDAQ OMX Stockholm: ATCO A, ATCO B), a Sweden-based provider of industrial productivity solutions.
For more information about Edwards and Atlas Copco, please visit our websites:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Edwards Vacuum LLC (Edwards) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind: Edwards is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Edwards are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Edwards will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Edwards encourages applicants of all ages.
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call 973-397-3400. Reasonable accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Give wings to your dreams
The world is full of opportunities and we can’t wait for you to explore them with us. Our caring culture and leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that passionate people make it happen. With us you are empowered to explore opportunities and drive your own professional journey.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.