At Leybold Customer Centre North and East we’re seeking an innovative and entrepreneurial Junior Sales Engineer to join our small sales team in the UK. As a Junior Sales Engineer you will help establish Leybold as the core supplier of innovative vacuum products and services in the UK. Through the effective management of direct and indirect accounts in the Research and Development (R&D) industries, you will be responsible in driving revenue, profitability and growth targets for your territory. The R&D accounts are predominately in the Universities, Institutes and key accounts within the field of Research & Development in the Scientific Vacuum applications sector.
Reporting into the Business Line Manager, you will be empowered to make a difference whilst also given the support and opportunity to develop your skills. The role is home-based with frequent travel to our customers based in the South of the UK.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Create and implement innovative initiatives that will champion the delivery of sales targets towards the Leybold Customer Centre business strategy
- Achieve sales targets, orders, profitability and growth targets for the territory
- Deliver excellent customer service by being the first point of contact for all technical queries on vacuum products as well as offering relevant and timely vacuum solutions
- Provide efficient technical support to customers and answering any queries as and when they arise
- Analyze market requirements and competitor activities to ensure we continue to succeed
- Build strong customer relationships in order to drive growth within universities and other markets
- Develop key relationships with potential and existing customers in order to influence investments and their decision making in purchasing vacuum products
- Identify and secure new business opportunities within the account portfolio/territory, through first class account management
- Conduct engaging and targeted presentations for customers
- Participate at exhibitions in order to develop relationships with potential customers
- Develop potential customers in collaboration with marketing, other sales departments and Service
- Monitor order intake and margin for the assigned customers and region to ensure business flow and that success is being achieved
What we expect of you?
- Qualifications in a science or engineering related subject is preferable, educated to degree level is desirable
- Good understanding of vacuum science and the industrial sector
- System, product and applications expertise, particularly within industrial application sectors and products is desirable
- Ability to drive customer success by demonstrating a genuine interest in accurately understanding and acting on customer needs and expectations
- Ability to improve business results by using knowledge and trends to provide direction to new and existing sales opportunities
- Ability to work as part of a team in the execution of an account or territory strategy
- Good commercial and awareness
- Demonstrates sales drive and adaptability (able to relate to clients / prospects)
- Ability to influence and engage with others in pursuit of business opportunities
- Ability to create problem resolution plans and drive to conclusion
- Basic knowledge in SAP and CRM systems
- Good knowledge in MS Office applications
- Strong knowledge of vacuum science and applications in R&D
- Strong direct selling experience and negotiation skills
What you can expect of us?
At Leybold we know that investment in our people is key to our business success which is why we offer a journey of endless opportunities. We strongly believe that passionate people create exceptional things and this ethos creates the framework in which we work. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and close customer collaboration enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With us you will have the authority to act and many opportunities to create lasting results.
We want to be a workplace for everyone. At Leybold we know that diversity and inclusion are crucial to our long-term success. We know that diversity and inclusion help us understand our customers needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation and results.
We offer a comprehensive package consisting of:
- highly competitive salary
- performance related bonus
- excellent benefits
The history of Leybold spans a period of over 170 years. Our mission is to drive sustainable, profitable growth aligned with our core values of interaction, commitment and innovation. We employ people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company contribute to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams. We offer a wide range of training and further education programs, to enhance your know-how and to systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.
Leybold is where it begins – Pioneering products. Passionately applied.