To be a key contributor to the CC and PC Export Leadership Teams and to lead the development and implementation of strategic HR plans that underpin CC and PC business plans, ensuring provision of operational HR support as required. Manage the overall provision of HR services, policies, and programs to the area for which they are responsible.
Reporting to the GM, N.A., responsible for provision of a high-quality HR service in each area for which you are responsible. Contribute to the development of the Group and Vacuum Technique wide HR strategy, ensuring focus on continuous improvement in HR processes and procedures and realizing synergies associated with creating one process/procedure/approach and one VT HR team as far as possible in each country.
- Work in partnership with the General Manager of the CC Leybold NA and the Systems Business Manager NA and their Leadership teams (LT) to understand future business objectives and develop local HR strategies and solutions that align with global Group and Vacuum Technique HR strategy to meet such objectives.
- Actively work on developing relationships and ensuring clear contracting for services with AC HR, particularly where there is current service provision in place.
- Ensure that a high-quality HR service is provided to meet business objectives in each area for which you are responsible.
- Work closely with business leaders and line managers, providing expert HR guidance on a variety of HR matters. In doing so, advise on compliance and risk management issues, providing an appropriate level of challenge where appropriate.
- Attend regular management meetings and actively participate as a member of the leadership team as required to ensure provision of HR perspective and expertise to site discussions.
- Encourage and actively work with leaders to develop an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, cost effectiveness, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Ensure there are communication forums in place to represent all employees and ensure the effectiveness of these forums through regular attendance and provision of support and guidance to the forum members and their leaders.
- Support the leaders of CC and PC in developing talent plans as appropriate to develop talent management strategies to deliver those plans: to include recruitment, succession planning, organizational design, individual and organization development, global mobility and optimization of the graduate and apprentice program.
- Ensure that monthly payroll is processed in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring full resolution of any issues should they arise.
- Ensure that cyclical HR activity (e.g. annual salary review, VC, talent review, insight survey) is executed effectively and efficiently within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for data accuracy in area of responsibility and for playing an active role in the introduction of new global systems and processes Learning Link, HR:Link, GDPR.
- Ensure that the business complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and organizational policies and that all ER issues are proactively managed.
- Ensure that Time and Attendance systems, where they are in place are used fully and ensure that attendance / absence are well managed and that a health and wellbeing program is in place in country.
- Ensure that recruitment activity is well managed, and that local market understanding is maintained to add value to the recruitment process. Ensure that preferred supplier listings are in place and appropriate to meet business needs and that providers are operating to a high standard. Support managers with sourcing and selecting high
- caliber candidates, advising on profiling and psychometric tools as appropriate. Ensure that Prokura process is followed and that all vacancies are posted across all internal job markets.
- Liaise regularly with HR Expertise teams (Compensation & Benefit and Talent, Learning & Development) as required to ensure that expertise activity can be effectively delivered and that local needs are taken into account.
- To be involved in wider HR projects either relevant to country or more globally, as appropriate, and as directed by the Divisional HRBP(s) / VP HR.
- To take a lead role in roll out of global HR projects to employees as required, in agreement with the VP HR.
- Collaborate with other members of the global HR team as appropriate to align ways of working and share best practice globally
- Establish and maintain links with external organizations in country, to support development of the Edwards / AC employer brand.
- Coach and develop team members to build and maximize capability, ensure alignment across areas of responsibility as far as possible, and the sharing of best practice.
- Maintain a strong connection with employees in area of responsibility.
- Manage safety programs and facilities to ensure safety, security, and government regulations are met (e.g. OSHA, etc.)
Work closely with senior leaders on a day to day basis, whilst also collaborating with their HR peer group and team to ensure provision of a high-quality HR service, which leverages knowledge and resources and shares best practice. Individuals will have latitude to decide what action to take in order to achieve agreed objectives, escalating decisions of a potentially contentious nature and those outside current policy as necessary to either the GM or Admin Responsible Divisional HRVP. Individuals need to communicate and negotiate with a wider range of employees, senior managers and some external contacts on a regular basis. Its highly likely that communication, persuasion and influencing skills will be key to success in this role. Contact with senior management levels throughout the business in North America which may involve attending meetings on cross-functional and cross-company issues and policies.
In order to provide accurate advice and guidance to line management on procedures and recommend actions on issues, the job holder will be expected to maintain a thorough knowledge of current employment legislation, local market context and company policies. Work in accordance with the Atlas Copco values.
7 years + experience in HR with the majority of that time spent in a generalist role.
Frequent travel to locations within North America is an essential requirement of this role.
Degree or equivalent post-graduate HR qualification
- Up to date knowledge of appropriate employment legislation and evidence of putting employment law knowledge into practice.
- Experience of operating a continuously changing and evolving environment.
- Experience of supporting/delivering culture change projects
- Line management experience
- Ability to understand and use HR Systems, including payroll systems
- Numerate and computer literate
- Dynamic with strong interpersonal and leadership skill
- Ability to deal with conflict – communication, negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently, whilst also being able to judge when additional support is required.
- Ability to set own priorities, manage multiple tasks and reschedule work in a changing environment.
- Ability to set goals and consistently deliver timely and accurate results and service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with empathy emotionally intelligent.
- Team player with experience of management and supervision of direct reports as well ability to build support from non-direct reports in order to successfully achieve goals
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
What you can expect from us?
- Excellent working conditions and benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- Work in a global diverse and dynamic environment
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
What we expect of you?
- A broad knowledge and experience in Human Resources perferably manufacting environment
- Excellent communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills
- Higher knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, HRM software is required
- Proactive and self-motivated. High attention to detail
- A flexible approach and ability to work under pressure
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success. The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.