At Leybold Customer Centre North and East we’re seeking an innovative and entrepreneurial Sales Engineer to join our small sales team in the Netherlands. As a Sales Engineer you will help establish Leybold as the core supplier of innovative vacuum products and services in the Northern part of the Netherlands. Through the effective management of direct and indirect accounts in the diffused industrial and scientific markets you will be responsible in driving revenue, profitability and growth targets for your territory.
Reporting into the Business Line Manager, you will be empowered to make a difference whilst also given the support and opportunity to develop your skills.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Create and implement innovative initiatives that will champion the delivery of sales targets towards the Leybold Customer Centre business strategy
- Achieve sales targets, orders, profitability and growth targets for the territory
- Deliver excellent customer service by being the first point of contact for all technical queries on vacuum products as well as offering relevant and timely vacuum solutions
- Provide efficient technical support to customers and answering any queries as and when they arise
- Analyze market requirements and competitor activities to ensure we continue to succeed
- Build strong customer relationships in order to drive growth within universities and other markets
- Develop key relationships with potential and existing customers in order to influence investments and their decision making in purchasing vacuum products
- Identify and secure new business opportunities within the account portfolio/territory, through first class account management
- Conduct engaging and targeted presentations for customers
- Participate at exhibitions in order to develop relationships with potential customers
- Develop potential customers in collaboration with marketing, other sales departments and Service
- Monitor order intake and margin for the assigned customers and region to ensure business flow and that success is being achieved
What we expect of you?
- Qualifications in a technical, science or engineering related subject is preferable, educated to degree level is desirable
- Good influencing and presentation skills
- A demonstratable track record of Sales success and skills, ideally within the vacuum science / industrial sector
- Significant system, product and applications expertise, particularly within industrial application sectors and products
- Strong direct selling experience and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer development skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, or to lead a team in the execution of an account or territory strategy
- Good commercial and awareness
- Good understanding or contractual terms and conditions and negotiation capability
- Ability to influence and engage with others in pursuit of business opportunities
- Ability to create problem resolution plans and drive to conclusion
- Basic knowledge in SAP and CRM systems
- Good knowledge in MS Office applications
- Strong knowledge of vacuum science and applications in R&D
What you can expect of us?
At Leybold we know that investment in our people is key to our business success which is why we offer a journey of endless opportunities. We strongly believe that passionate people create exceptional things and this ethos creates the framework in which we work. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and close customer collaboration enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With us you will have the authority to act and many opportunities to create lasting results.
We offer a diverse and caring culture and one where you can thrive.
We offer a comprehensive package consisting of:
- highly competitive salary
- performance related bonus
- excellent benefits
The history of Leybold spans a period of over 170 years. Our mission is to drive sustainable, profitable growth aligned with our core values of interaction, commitment and innovation. We employ people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company contribute to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams. We offer a wide range of training and further education programs, to enhance your know-how and to systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.
Leybold is where it begins – Pioneering products. Passionately applied.