Manage the company Quality policies and processes. Increase awareness by administering quality training and performing audits. Assists in the development and implementation of the ISO Quality and Control Systems with emphasis on continual improvement of product and service quality through the application of recognized quality system model, ISO 9001-2015 Triple Certification. Show a proactive response to product failures and Customer Complaints (CCM). Interacting with customer quality contacts, attending meetings and improve our quality footprint by monitoring and reporting on critical KPI’s.
- Develop and manage the company's Quality processes & procedures.
- Set the pace for continuous improvement of quality processes and procedures.
- Manage customer complaint system (CCM)
- Performs site specific internal & external audits on a routine basis in order to assess effectiveness of site quality system.
- Follows established Leybold Quality Manual, procedures, specifications, instructions, quality plans, and other quality tools in support of Leybold and Atlas Copco ISO objectives.
- Serves as the responsible person for all ISO quality initiatives
- Manage day-to-day activities to ensure continuous improvements of critical KPI’s (OGMS) are being met by internal stakeholders.
- Utilizes resources available to ensure compliance to documented Quality assurance corporate and production procedures.
- Prepares reports and analyzes quality data for continual improvement for the facility (e.g. CCM system).
- Review, track and manage product non-conformances (NCR). Communication of results and findings with internal customers. Drive improvements with suppliers.
- Collects/uses data that provides objective evidence of the effectiveness of improvement efforts.
- Learns all production processes sufficiently to allow effective auditing of those functions.
- Ensure Quality process changes are properly managed, documented and rolled out.
- Reviews reject data and prepares trend charts, histograms, etc. for use in discussing defect reduction approaches.
- Initiates corrective action teams with the purpose of reducing defect occurrences or reversing negative trends in defects observed.
- Works with purchasing and engineering to approve and rate new vendors per quality system requirements.
- Responds to requests for information, support, etc., from site, division, and corporate Quality.
- Provides support for FACAR’s on product failures and drive effective corrective action.
- Assesses needs, arranges for or provides required training in job skills, safe work practices, and quality system elements.
- Conducts or arranges new employee orientations for quality induction and quality systems.
- Work with SHE management to produce annual CC/PC Management Review document
- May participate in the VT Global Quality Council
- B.S degree of related experience.
- 5 years’ experience working in a production or manufacturing environment.
- Experience working with or knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Experience with implementing or maintaining ISO-9001 certified Quality Systems.
- SAP experience is a must.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
What we excect from you:
- A broad knowledge and experience of Manufacturing operations and processes.
- A thorough knowledge of products and related process engineering issues.
- Experience in ISO Quality systems and processes. Auditor certification to ISO 9001 standard a plus.
- Evidence of an analytical approach using qualitative and quantitative tools and techniques.
- Excellent communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills.
- An intermediate of higher knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, SAP and Manufacturing systems (SAP) software will be required.
- Proactive and self-motivated. High attention to detail.
- A flexible approach and ability to work under pressure.
- Understanding of vacuum theory or principles is a plus.
- Experience working with, managing and improving calibrated tooling systems.
What you expect from us:
- Excellent working conditions
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.