First line of contact with customer. Represents Leybold products, and services to potential and current customers with integrity and honesty. Provides the company with new customers and expands the business opportunities with existing customers. Works with and supports other departments within the company in the achievement of sales plans, product forecasting, increasing business and maintaining prudent operating budgets.
- Responsible for the sale of company products to an assigned account base within a geographic region focus on Advanced markets including: R&D, Semiconductor, Solar, and Analytical & Coating Sectors; Or experience in selling company products to an assigned account base within a geographic region focus on various process industry markets inlcuding: Metallurgy, Heat Treatment, Steel, Energy, Pharmaceutical, Chemical Processing, and Plastics
- Establish and implement aggressive segment and product territory sales strategies and goals as defined by segment and product marketing and the Head of Sales
- Find and capture new and or expanded opportunities for the Leybold products and services.
- Insure customer satisfaction and prompt complaint resolution by interaction with other departments.
- Provide professional sales support functions to customers such as, technical support, product selection, quotations, terms & conditions, contract administration, etc.
- Complete all assignments (i.e. Monthly Reports, Visit Reports, Forecasts, Expense Reports) in a timely and accurate manner
- Utilize CRM tool for all reporting requirements as designated by sales management.
- Attend trade shows, seminars and training sessions to keep informed of trends effecting customers, keep abreast of competitive products, services, and value-added activities.
- Set both short term (12 month) and long-term (3 years) goals
- Demo key products at customer’s sites.
- Responsible for maintaining company property (automobile, computer, office equipment, customer demo/loaner products, consignment stock, etc.) that is in his/her control, and or at his/her customer site
Competencies: Negotiating Skills, Consultative Selling, Technical Knowledge, Drive for Results, Time Management
- B.S. degree in Engineering or similar technical discipline and at least one year working knowledge of a technical product or service, preferably with vacuum equipment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage a team sales and field service effort
- Knowledge of vacuum technology and Leybold products is highly desirable
- Minimum up to 50% travel is required
- Excellent PC skills are required (MS Office, Word, Excel, & Powerpoint)
- Valid driver’s license required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success. The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold.
Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams. Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.