Your main responsibilities will be :
- Propose and roll out the purchasing strategy of your category Castings – Mechanicals in order to achieve the goals in terms of total cost, payment terms, quality and with the optimal supply chain including agility and shorter lead time.
- Negotiate and contractualize with the suppliers the best commercial terms as well as the optimized logistics conditions (Kanban, VMI).
- Screen and benchmark the market to identify potential new suppliers, lead the supplier selection process (NDA, RFI), handle RFQs, compare and select the right suppliers in line with the purchasing strategy.
- Audit and qualify the suppliers in collaboration with SQE by using the SESPA process.
- Animate and lead the actions with the other internal departments to fulfill the targets especially the cost saving plan.
- Improve the supplier performance of the category Castings – Mechanicals in term of quality (DPPM and scrap&rework reduction) and logistics (OTD improvement, lead time reduction) and develop with the supplier a relation which is focused on continuous improvement and excellence in delivery performance.
- As part of the Business Continuity Plan, identify the critical suppliers / parts in your category and develop the actions to mitigate the risks for the company.
- Interact with the other buyers of the group to find potential synergies and get more leverages with the common suppliers.
What you can expect from us?
- A friendly, family-like atmosphere
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and develop
- A culture known for respectful interaction, ethical behavior and integrity
- Access to global job opportunities, as part of the Atlas Copco group
What we expect of you?
- Significant successful 5+ years experience in Purchasing within international industrial group.
- Technical knowledges of castings, machinings, mechanicals and sheet metals.
- Academic/ University master degree, preferably in engineering.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office basic tools, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams. SAP knowledge is a plus.
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to travel regularly when required.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization and good team working skills in a multicultural environment, you have a positive attitude and open mindset.
- Committed, self-motivated and results driven, you have good negotiation skills and like challenges. You deal with deadlines and take ownership of the tasks
Bourg les Valence
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.