The Role: Systems Engineer - Semiconductor and Vacuum Technique Service Divisions
We have an exciting opportunity for a Systems Engineer within the Semiconductor and VT Service Divisions. As well as a competitive benefits package, the role offers the opportunity to work in a high performing team who are proud of what they do, and also where there are many development opportunities. The role can be based in Burgess Hill, Sussex, or can be homebased, and the role offers some global travel.
The Systems Engineer position supports the Service Technology Centre Systems Manger to deliver the digitization program across the Vacuum Technique and Semiconductor Service divisions globally, and ensures strategic business needs are met and project delivery is collaboratively achieved with various internal customer and business entities.
The role involves maintainence of current systems and connectivity while developing new applications, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction are delivered and industry best practice standards are adopted. Ongoing coaching and support of the systems is also a requirement.
- Provides maintenance support to the global Service Technology Centres for SharePoint
- Develops applications and bespoke project specifications using the Microsoft SharePoint Development toolkit.
- Works closely with clients, senior stakeholders and managers to develop and implement custom web parts, custom SharePoint features, Workflows, site template customization, content management, workflow, apps and content types in SharePoint online (O365).
- Look to ensure connectivity of systems through our entire suit to ensure transfer of data and joined up working
- Delivers future proof solutions allowing for all products and material to be user friendly with minimal site administration and maintenance whilst incorporating a high level of security and using a metadata structure enabling strong document search functionality.
- Creates, implements and maintains support documentation for all system roll-outs requiring training plans and training modules. Delivers systems training when required.
- Identifies and participates in continuous improvement opportunities on other service software, leading to industry best practice standards
- Collaborates with other service, quality and engineering teams on business improvement projects to ensure high quality solutions are delivered and customer expectations and timeframes are met
- High level of understanding and demonstrable experience within SharePoint Software Development, the O365/SPO security model, permissions management and document management.
- Experienced in software tools e.g. AvePoint and Sharegate, Flow PowerAPPs, PowerBI etc
- Experienced in developing applications and bespoke project specifications using the Microsoft SharePoint development toolkit ensuring a strong user experience element
- Advanced level of understanding and use of the Microsoft Office suite
- Solid understanding of database concepts and modelling
- Self directed with strong attention to detail to ensure the handling and resolution of complex and challenging problems whilst maintaining regular communication with the internal customer and escalates issues through the appropriate channels when required.
- Proactively seeks feedback and asks questions to understand business requirements
- Strong customer focus to ensure innovative solutions are delivered against expectations and timeframes, whilst working in alignment with organisational strategies and processes
- Proactively looks for better ways to improve efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Shares technical expertise and knowledge internal customers and team members and provides coaching where needed
- Utlises project management skills to plan and prioritise work in order to meet schedules and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adapts own behaviour and communication style to different situations and uses effective communication techniques to convey messages effectively to various audience
- Understanding of project management methodologies e.g. Agile, Prince2 etc
- SAP knowledge would be beneficial, however not a requirement of the role
- The role is part of a global team based in the Global Technology Centre, however involves occasional global travel to the Service Technology Centres.
- The role supports all Service Technology Centres within Vacuum Technique and Semiconductor Service.
- There may be an occasional requirement to work outside of regular office hours e.g. software updates, urgent system maintenance, live system updates
- Attention to detail, “right from me” and right first-time approach
- Good written and oral communication ability with interpersonal skills that enable you to muck in and be part of the team and be aware and sensitive to cultural diversity.
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a passion for learning, with an ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines with enthusiasm.
What you can expect from us.
Edwards offer you a competitive salary and attractive benefits. But there's more! You will join a high performing team and a company with a good reputation and a rich history. The open culture ensures that everyone is accessible and willing to help you. Edwards is part of the Atlas Copco Group, so there are many opportunities in the UK and globally within a culturally rich and diverse team.
Safety - Join a company which promotes a strong multi-cultural, diverse and inclusive workplace where the importance of Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) is paramount. The company is always developing it’s SHE culture and adopting behaviours that ensure the wellbeing of our team members, and we ensure that our customers understand and recognize the value and importance Edwards places upon this key aspect of work, and the part that they also play.
People - Our people make Edwards a great place to work. We support our people to grow and develop, offering a strong training culture and opportunities for advancement and mobility. We identify successors, readiness and skills gaps for all key roles to ensure that a pipeline of business ready diverse & mobile talent is in place for current and future needs
Knowledge - We encourage openness and sharing of knowledge to improve the knowledge exchange across the Company for benefit of our teams, our customers and our business. The role contributes to a strengthened team that supports R&D and innovation centres through it’s unique place with our customers. It will also help to define emerging technology requirements.
Diverse and Inclusive - We want to be a workplace for everyone. At Edwards, part of the Atlas Copco Group, we know that diversity and inclusion are critical to our long-term success. We know that diversity and inclusion helps us to understand our customers’ needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation and results.
Sustainability – Edwards celebrated is 100 year centenary in 2020, and is part of a group that is 148 years old and going strong. Be part of an organisation that continues to grow, whilst it looks after the Planet, its Profit and its People.
Edwards is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, exhaust management systems and related value-added services. Edwards solutions are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells. They are also used within an increasingly diverse range of industrial processes including power, glass and other coating applications; steel and other metallurgy; pharmaceutical and chemical; and for scientific instruments in a wide range of R&D applications.
Edwards has over 4,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. Edwards has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.