This position will be a “Sales Manager” responsible for managing/supervising a team, coaching to improve performance, problem resolution, travel to their accounts and achieve sales revenue targets. Member of the Leybold North America Sales Management Team, work on strategic issues that will ensure meeting the annual sales revenue plan, such as new product launches and target account selection/penetration plans. The Sales Manager Process Industries is responsible for selling the FULL LEYBOLD PORTFOLIO of products and aftermarket product, and as such will work actively with all Business Line Managers in support of their goals.
At the descretion of the BLM, the position may involve Account Management function at named accounts - Represent Leybold, products, and services to potential and current customers with integrity and honesty. Responsible for meeting/exceeding the assigned annual sales target and achieving assigned Business Objectives.
- Management/supervisory responsibility for a Team of Account Managers. Includes sales coaching, problem resolution and achievement of annual sales revenue targets.
- Staffing/training of Account Managers in an established region to ensure optimum performance.
- Part of the North American Sales Management Team that determines strategic issues such as target account selection/penetration plans, coordination with Product Sales Development Mngr on Product Launch and Customer targets.
- Responsible for the sale of ALL company products to an assigned account base within a geographic region focus on Industrial (Process Sector) markets including Metallurgy, Heat Treatment, Food, Electrical & Energy, Steel, Pharmaceutical, Chemical Processing, and Large Area Coating Sectors.
- Establish and implement aggressive territory sales strategies and goals as defined by the Business Line Managers for a defined Region and assigned accounts.
- Drive sales growth in new and/or expanded opportunities for Leybold products and services. (This will be focused but not exclusively in the rough market applications).
- Ensure customer satisfaction and prompt complaint resolution by interaction with other departments.
- Provide professional sales support functions to customers such as, technical support, product selection, quotations, terms & conditions, contract administration, etc.
- Complete all assignments (i.e. Monthly Reports, Forecasts, Expense Reports) in a timely and accurate manner
- Attend trade shows, seminars and training sessions to keep informed of trends effecting customers, keep abreast of competitive products, services, and value-added activities.
- Set both short term (12 month) and long-term (3 years) goals
- Responsible for maintaining company property (automobile, smart phone , computer, office equipment, customer demo/loaner products, consignment stock, etc.) that is in his/her control, and or at his/her customer site.
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Business, or other technical discipline is required
- At least five years of experience in sales or account management, selling a technical product or service. Industrial vacuum experience is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage a team sales and field service effort
- Knowledge of vacuum technology and products is highly desirable
- Minimum of 50% travel is required
- Excellent PC skills are required (MS Office, Word, Excel, & Powerpoint).
- Valid driver’s license required
- Direct the work of approximately 8 team members
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.