This position will concentrate on supporting the multibrands (Leybold and Edwards) :1) Leading all efforts in assembly under the direction of the Assembly Supervisor; 2) Completing electrical requirements and testing for standard and engineered-to-order vacuum systems to meet customer requirements (function and delivery) utilizing the documentation, schematics, drawings, and bills of materials provided. This includes complete systems, sub-components, and possible controls. In addition to the electrical and testing portion, process steps will include layout, assembly, final preparation before shipment, applicable troubleshooting for PLC programming, communications, and connections, and review meetings with Engineering, Design, and vendors.
- Leader for the all shop activities under the direction of the Assembly Supervisor.
- Leads the assembly department to ensure a safe working environment and 5S is followed, assigning productions orders, resolving any technical questions and other duties as required.
- Will act as the primary leader in the absence of the Assembly Supervisor.
- Ensures adherence to/compliance with company policies, rules and requirements to safety/health report to the Assembly Supervisor any deviations
- Support and train with day to day electrical issues
- Complete electrical requirements (final system wiring) and testing for systems and/or non-standard pump configurations per specifications, drawings, and bills of material provided by Systems Engineering personnel and/or customer specification requirements. Final system wiring includes but is not limited to skid wiring, wiring of control panels, control components, and motor starters, which is frequently required while new internal wiring/rewiring of junction boxes and control panels is sometimes required, along with applicable troubleshooting for PLC programming, communications, and connections.
- Complete assembly of systems and/or non-standard pump configurations per specifications, drawings, and bills of material provided by Systems Engineering personnel as applicable per workloading. This consists of mounting, bolting, drilling, tapping, screwing, and cleaning.
- Provide input and comments during pre-design meetings regarding electrical scope along with input and comments during final design review meetings, vendor documentation reviews, and project post mordem meetings.
- Complete system assembly, final wiring, testing and leak checking of all components in meeting customer specifications with integrity and zero defect quality. Also, supervising the review of all tested systems by others when completed w/ electricals components and/or controls.
- Complete work assignments in a timely manner while meeting Export Systems quality standards.
- Supervise safe use electrical test equipment, power cables, and high voltage connections.
- Supervise, direct and apprve all work completed by outside contractors.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
- Responsible for attending and complying with Hazard Communications (Right to Know) training and cooperate in all aspects of the company’s safety and health programs.
- Two Year technical school degree desired with (3-5) years experience in industrial electrical wiring, assembly, repair operations, and/or final system testing
- Experience in leading shop technicians, or similar environments
- Strong electrical aptitude with some mechanical background, ability to use hand tools, small power/pneumatic tools, and electrical equipment
- Ability to read general assembly drawings, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams, & P&ID’s, including the ability to use hand held measuring devices such as micrometers, volt meters, etc.
- Experience in PLC Programming with troubleshooting communications and connections is preferred
- Ablility to work in a team environment, cooperatively with fellow associates and possibly becoming a team leader
- Electrical and Mechanical assembly skills utilizing proper tools with ability to lift up to forty (40) pounds
- Experience using overhead cranes, jib cranes, and material handling equipment
- Experience in 5S and Lean Manufacturing within the workplace
- Customer focused and team spirited, with a strong drive for growing the intergrity and knowledge of the shop floor personnel in terms of electrical knowledege, team chemistry, and production synergies.
- Efficiency in computer skills including e-mail, MS Office, online meetings, etc is preferred
What we expect of you:
- A broad knowledge and experience in Sales or Servicing a technical product
- Business development skills
- Excellent communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills
- Higher knowledge and use of Microsoft Office, SAP and Manufacturing systems (SAP) software and CRM's are required
- Proactive and self-motivated. High attention to detail
- A flexible approach and ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of vacuum theory or principles is a plus
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent working conditions and benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- Work in a global diverse and dynamic environment
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.