• Disassemble, clean, assemble and test vacuum pumps to company’s quality standards and production schedule.
• Ensure achievement of production targets on productivity, volume and efficiency.
• Reduce rejects and ensure quick turnaround through effective liaison with other departments and stores.
• Assist occasionally materials store and local logistics activities.
• Participate in Kaizen activities as part of continuous improvement of workshop targets on quality, productivity and efficiency.
• Ensure that the appropriate standards of behaviour and performance are maintained within the workshop.
• Ensure that completed H&S forms are available before commencing the work and must approach team leader to arrange the H&S forms if they are not available.
• Ensure that the company’s health and Safety policy is adhered to with the aim being to maintain a safe working environment.
• Ensure that the workshop is clean, safe and managed daily to maintain safety.
• Liaise with team leader and other departments where necessary to ensure the above duties are achieved.
Knowledge of electrical and mechanical equipment used in pumping or vacuum applications.
Able to disassemble electro-mechanical equipment into components, identify damages/faults, assemble components and test equipment performance. Must be PC literate and be able to use windows driven softwares.
Minimum one year experience in servicing electro/mechanical systems, single and three phase motors, solenoids and contactors.
Edwards is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products,
exhaust management systems and related value-added services. Edwards solutions are
integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells.
They are also used within an increasingly diverse range of industrial processes including power,
glassand other coating applications; steel and other metallurgy; pharmaceutical and chemical;
and for scientific instruments in a wide range of R&D applications.
Edwards has over 4,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support
of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. Edwards has state-of-the-art
manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.