This Global process owner (GPO) role as part of the central Business Planning Improvement (BPI) team will provide process ownership for service supply chain planning and inventory management across our Service Business divisions. A GPO evaluates, designs, executes, measures, monitors and controls business processes. The GPO works to ensure that business process outcomes are in harmony with an organisation’s strategic goals. They work collaboratively across all departments of the organisation to help improve the management of a business process. These professionals focus on the entire process from beginning to end, introducing innovation into the process that will impact results, enhance profitability, and assist the organization to consistently meet its business objectives and goals.
As part of the BPI supply chain team reporting to the Global Forecasting and Planning Manager, you will be expected to lead/support the following:
- The successful integration of new acquisitions into the Global Supply Chain Model & Network with focus on Service specific elements.
- Creation, maintenance and release of documentation relating to service supply chain planning systems, processes, procedures and relevant training material
- End to End Service Planning Processes including planning issue resolution, small developments & projects
- Continuous improvement of the principles and processes for Best Practice of service supply chain processes (e.g. End to End Forecast process, Demand & Supply Planning, Inventory management etc) across the service Business Divisions
- Work closely with central Logistics group regarding the Logistics Strategy and support project initiatives driven from or through the logistics council
- Support and develop the Multi-branding spares strategy and implement solutions that align with current Service Logistics approach
- B.S. degree in Engineering / manufacturing or Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent preferred
- Relevant Previous experience:
- Minimum of 6 / 8 years’ experience in a similar position
- Must have worked in a global manufacturing / service organisation with a modern ERP application – ideally SAP but not essential
Knowledge areas/Skills (minimum level of knowledge to fulfil the role’s responsibilities):
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in delivering business process improvements within a global complex organisation. The individual needs to be comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a dynamic organisation operating globally.
- Candidate must be organised and analytical, adept at working in a team environment, able to design and implement, working to a project schedule, and able to handle multiple priorities. The individual needs to be innovative and able to think out of the box to solve everyday business issues.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into solution designs
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Knowledge of modern ERP systems (e.g. SAP ECC6, SAP APO-SNP/DP, MRP etc)
Other requirements (e.g. Language skills; competencies; expected travel requirements):
- English to Business proficient level
- Expectation of occasional travel within Region or Globally
Start a journey towards something greater
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our caring culture and leading-edge technology enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With us you become part of a global community of passionate people making a tangible impact on people’s lives.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.