Mission/Purpose of the Job:
To ensure the transparency of financial results, processes, strategy and support System management team to drive sustainable profitable growth of Systems + Solutions North American business.
Commercial Controlling / Business Partnership
- Be familiar with Atlas Copco’s “The Way We Do Things” and “Business Code of Practice” and apply in daily operations of North American Systems business.
- The general focus is to provide decision support and business partnership to the GM NA Systems VIN.
- Implement effective business control processes and tools:
- Control of product cost of NA Systems products.
- Control functional costs in relation to Revenues.
- Control variance and overheads to ensure that performance objectives are met.
- Support saving initiatives in Purchasing.
- Provide tools to follow up product costing and investments.
- System product PK forecast vs actual, collaborate with PMs and PEs for the deviation analysis and the cost down potential identification.
- To be proactive, making sure that red flags are highlighted, that action plans are put in place when/where necessary and that an open communication with internal and external parties is maintained.
- Ensuring and continuously reviewing cost allocations between Industrial and Scientific as well as general allocations for the North American Systems business.
- Provide regular revenue and margin analysis and forecasts. Flag any foreseen variance to plan and recommend appropriate countermeasures
- Monitor warranty costs and inventory levels on a continuous basis. Develop appropriate recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to operate and develop reports from distinct ERP environments – EdSAP and LeySAP
- Track all necessary adjustments, report root causes and required corrective actions.
- Develop Profitability models
- Cost model for Product company, is Fully Absorbed costing applied appropriately etc.
- Simulation of financial impact of projects: utilization/absorption etc.
- Prepare North American Systems management reports for the management team.
- Ensure accuracy of data processed by implementing plausibility controls and close interaction with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure timely processing and reporting of data for North American Systems business.
- Monitor and red-flag inventory and account payables related to North American Systems business.
- Secure internal controls via procedures and Prokura to make sure that appropriate risk awareness and internal control procedures are in place and that external and internal auditors get necessary support.
- Other duties as required
Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- Bachelor degree or above in economics, finance or business & administration or respective work experience
- Result-oriented and experienced professional with at least 10 years of experience with a proven senior experience in finance and good knowledge and experience of finance according to the “The Way We Do Things“.
- Experience with Atlas Copco GPS is an advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), SAP.
- Good command of English in both writing and speaking.
- Strong focus on quality, accuracy, deadlines and orderly work.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from divisional management, the local teams.
- Act and think strategically.
Atlas Copco and Edwards employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Atlas Copco, Edwards and Leybold are part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.