At Leybold we're looking for a part-time Assistant Controller to help ensure the financial health of Leybold N&E is maintained and that we use our resources beneficially. You are responsible for supporting the Business Controller with all day-to-day transactions, including processing and preparing financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances and faciliating purchases. A key part of the role is in performing routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Business Controller.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the Business Controller
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts
- Create, send and follow-up on invoices
- Updating financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
- Preparing, tracking and reconciling income statements for both the UK and the Netherlands legal entities
- Supporting the Business Controller with expenses
- P11D’s preparation and submission
- Manage and administer the Car fleet process and IFRS 16 postings review
- Process and prepare financial forecasts with actuals for the leadership team
- Support the Business Controller with inputs into GPS (the Group Reporting and Consolidation software) and the preparation of reports
- Responsible for preparation of inventory provision and bad/doubtful debts provision for review by the Business Controller
- Margin Review Finance – compiling income statements
- Administer and input monthly payroll ensuring accuracy throughout (with HRM / BC approval)
- Preparation of commissions payable for payroll including the preparation of individual commission statements for employees
- Support the HRM with annual benefit renewals when required
- Work with Business Controller to research, prepare financial reports, collect figures and action any comments
- Preparation of ad hoc reports that the divisions require (and holdings in UK and Belgium/Netherlands)
- Assist with year-end audit
- Manage finance projects as appropriate and as directed by the Business Controller
What are we looking?
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, preferably in finance, accounting or economics
- Accounting Technician qualification (AAT)
- Excellent Excel skills (Pivots, VLOOKUP, SUMIF)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Working knowledge of accounting and payroll software
- Knowledge of consolidation
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
What can you expect from us?
At Leybold we know that investment in our people is key to our business success which is why we offer a journey of endless opportunities. We strongly believe that passionate people create exceptional things and this ethos creates the framework in which we work. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and close customer collaboration enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With us you will have the authority to act and many opportunities to create lasting results.
We offer a diverse and caring culture and one where you can thrive.
We offer a comprehensive package consisting of:
- highly competitive salary
- performance related bonus
- excellent benefits
The history of Leybold spans a period of over 170 years. Our mission is to drive sustainable, profitable growth aligned with our core values of interaction, commitment and innovation. We employ people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company contribute to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. At Leybold we want to be a workplace for everyone. We know that diversity and inclusion are critical to our long-term success. We know that diversity and inclusion help us understand our customers' needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation and results.
Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.
Leybold is where it begins – Pioneering products. Passionately applied.