Purpose of the Job:
To support the process for Receiving/Shipping customer repairs and maintaining inventory controls for spares and pump pool exchange stocked items related to operations in STC.
To support resolving recieivng/shipping issues related to customer returns to ensure receipts of pumps and shipment of finish products are cleared and processed in order to achieve desired turns and to avoid delays. Re-direct product shipment for failure analysis to another service center.
To Support warehouse/stores activites to ensure key performances indicators and company goals are achieved.
To ensure process controls and procedures are being followed and updated as needed and changes are trained out.
- Receives and unloads freight, either manually or with equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks and may involve receiving and storing of flammable, caustic or hazardous materials.
- Checks for damaged goods; verifies quantity and quality of order; verifies items received with purchase order;
- Receives pumps and spare parts into the STC and maintains associated records.
- Tags and issues material/supplies
- Driving to local vendors for material pickup/delivery.
- Prepares pumps and spare parts for shipment and tender shipment to contract/preferred carriers daily.
- Post Weights and shipping charges and maintains detailed shipping lots.
- Maintains the accuracy of exchange pump pool, finished goods, and spare parts inventory and associated stock records.
- Issue and distribute spare parts to service repairs/orders as required.
- Ensure good housekeeping principles are being used to keep work areas neat and orderly per 6’s which includes light janitorial and maintenance duties of equipment and vehicles as required.
- Maintain forklift certification and safe operation of forklift and other mechanical lifting devices.
- Through observation of work area(s), remain alert to and avoids unsafe behaviors and conditions or other hazards. Reports any observed hazards to supervisor. Participates in corrective measures when appropriate or authorized. Maintains personal area in an orderly fashion, free of hazards.
- Reports all injuries and/or near misses to supervisor immediately. Participates in and cooperates with accident investigations.
- Fully participates in assigned training programs. Attempts to perform only those tasks for which proper training has been received. Notifies supervisor if faced with a task which is potentially hazardous to self or co-workers due to inadequate training or lack of appropriate PPE.
- Becomes familiar with and practices all safety procedures. Seeks clarification or additional information when required. Strictly adheres to requirements for PPE and all safety rules
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience:
3 to 5 years experience in an Operations environment preferably strong working knowledge of inventory management systems with Supply Chain management knowledge and 1 to 3 years experience.
- Proven ability to deliver day to day activities on time and safely.
- Excellent communication skills, including well-developed inter-personal skills relating to internal members and global operations personnel.
- Computer literate, specifically:MS Office skills, with high proficiency in Excel and Access
- Knowledge of MRP transaction and planning systems (e.g. MAPICS, SAP), and coordinating domestic/international deliveries (e.g. BOL, EEI/ITN filing, etc.).
- Highly motivated and willingness to take the initiative for implementing continuous improvements and to achieve set goals and objectives.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision and lift up to 50 lbs without mechanical device.
- Knowledge of vacuum applications, industry, and equipment an advantage.
- Perferred previous forklift and pallet jack experience.
- Fluent in english both written and verbal.
- Must be authoroized to work in the US
Edwards is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state provincial and municiple laws.
Edwards is a leading developer and manufacturer of sophisticated vacuum products, exhaust management systems and related value-added services. Edwards solutions are integral to manufacturing processes for semiconductors, flat panel displays, LEDs and solar cells. They are also used within an increasingly diverse range of industrial processes including power, glass and other coating applications; steel and other metallurgy; pharmaceutical and chemical; and for scientific instruments in a wide range of R&D applications.
Edwards has over 4,000 employees worldwide engaged in the design, manufacture and support of high technology vacuum and exhaust management equipment. Edwards has state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Europe, Asia and North America.