Warehouse Operator needed in the Glenwillow (Solon), Ohio STC facility. This full time hourly role includes shipping, receiving, handling materials, supplies, and equipment, and maintaining inventory control and records.
- Complete shipping preparation of Systems and Service Orders using custom made wood boxing/crating along with standard wood crating and cardboard boxing.
- Responsible for Leybold Inventory in the STC which includes stocking shelves and rotating inventory when applicable to maintain shelf-life adherence. Deliver and retrieve material/supplies to and from work or storage areas, complete applicable SAP transactions when necessary and maintain inventory controls, records, and accuracy.
- Will support key KPI reporting for Leybold spares into the Logistics group both for region and Global KPI reporting though managing material holds and material movement transactions in SAP.
- Will support Spares availability in STC, by ensuring replacement orders and first-time request orders are being raised as required and communicate supply issues as they arise.
- Supports the availability modelling and sizing tools used from forecast and Central Logistics teams to ensure availability and health of Leybold spares is both monitored and maximized.
- Ability to support the process for Receiving/Shipping customer repairs and maintaining inventory controls for spares and pump pool exchange stocked items related to operations in STC.
- Working knowledge in resolving receiving/shipping issues related to customer returns to ensure receipt of pumps and shipment of finished products are cleared and processed in order to achieve desired turns and to avoid delays.
- Ability to contribute to the business success by supporting warehouse/stores activites to ensure key performances indicators and company goals are achieved and to ensure process controls and procedures are being followed and updated as needed and changes are trained out.
- Ensure good housekeeping principles are being used to keep work areas neat and orderly per 6’s which includes light janitorial and maintenance duties of equipment and vehicles as required.
- Maintain forklift certification and safe operation of forklift and other mechanical lifting devices.
- Through observation of work area(s), remain alert to and avoids unsafe behaviors and conditions or other hazards. Reports any observed hazards to supervisor. Participates in corrective measures when appropriate or authorized. Maintains personal area in an orderly fashion, free of hazards.
- Reports all injuries and/or near misses to supervisor immediately. Participates in and cooperates with accident investigations.
- Fully participates in assigned training programs. Attempts to perform only those tasks for which proper training has been received. Notifies supervisor if faced with a task which is potentially hazardous to self or co-workers due to inadequate training or lack of appropriate PPE.
- Follows and practices all safety procedures. Seeks clarification or additional information when required. Strictly adheres to requirements for PPE and all safety rules
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience in shipping/receiving/material handling in a warehouse environment preferred.
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.