As a technical trainer you are responsible for teaching technical knowledge in the field of vacuum technology.
- Implementation of the technical training in the area of vacuum technology internally and externally in the training center Academy Cologne as well as at the international locations of the Vacuum Technique Business Area and with external customers with a high degree of autonomy
- Training of the participants in the field of non-destructive material testing - Leak testing (leak detection)
- Support in technical matters, especially in the field of leak testing, passing on the wealth of experience
- Independent design and maintenance of the seminar contents including documents, presentations etc. in cooperation with the Instructional Design departmet
- Determination of training dates, duration of training and content as well as capacity planning in cooperation with the training administration, including the handling of special training requests by the customers internally and externally
- Maintenance and care of equipment inventory incl. requirement of new equipment and sparte parts, provision of all necessary equipment for the training / examiniations carried out by the job holder in consultation with the administration
- Guidance and support of the training participants during the training including provision of training materials and certificates
Skills and experience
- Engineering or comparable technical training / experience in the physical field, preferably in the field of vacuum technology
- Ideally active experience in the field of training as a trainer or methodical and didactic knowledge in adult education, trainer certification according to ISO desired but not required
- Fluent in English, German at least level B2
Are we a good fit?
- Flexibility, empathy, self-motivation, self-management, humor, willingness to travel approx. 30%
- Willingness to acquire the necessary qualifications
Choose your career with us!
We offer an exciting role within an international environment, flexible working hours, opportunity to travel globally and a great team to work with
Jens-Uwe Kamke, Academy Manager EMEA/US
Leybold employs more than 1660 people on four continents. Most of them have a scientific or engineering background.
Their knowledge, creativity and experience are a prerequisite for the pronounced innovativeness of the company and hence for its success.
The requirements of high-tech industry and the cultural diversity of our global company provide for an attractive and stimulating working environment. We therefore look for employees who do not only have the required technical skills but also have extensive soft skills and are able to work in and with international project teams.
For this reason, we place great importance on staff development and a continuous exchange of knowledge. Various education and training programs provide technical know-how and enhance basic skills. Thus, the personal development of each employee is promoted systematically.