Atlas Copco is creating a newly developed focused area to develop and grow Liquid Ring opportunities in the Chemical Process, Power, and Oil & Gas industries. This position would support technical and project management capabilities that exist in the Customer Engineered Products (CEP) business. The position will allow us to leverage opportunities in the Americas.
- Preparation of accurate detailed technical and commercial proposals by interpreting clients requirements as described in enquiry requisition and project specifications, sizing the required equipment by undertaking process, thermal and mechanical designs, commenting on client’s commercial and technical specifications with deviations being listed and comments made as appropriate, completing preliminary production schedules, data sheets, typical procedures and other bid documents and supporting the preparation of tender drawings as appropriate.
- To assist in the maintenance of an accurate and extensive cost data base
- Preparation of cost estimates sheets to define required scope and participating extensively in the cost estimation process to a level of accuracy such that exposure to overspend on contracts is minimised and developing selling price strategy to ensure that contacts are secured such that profit margins are maximised.
- Supporting the CC Sales organization in identifying LR opportunities and offering differentiated vacuum solutions to critical customers and EPCs
- Responding accurately and promptly to LR clients technical and commercial queries after submission of proposals.
- Attending bid clarification meetings for detailed discussions with client discipline engineers and commercial staff and negotiation of final contract details including price, lead times, extent of liquidated damages and warranties together with other commercial details during or after such meetings
- Providing extensive and effective mentoring of project engineers on liquid ring and dry pump applications and providing them with supporting materials
- Lead all efforts required for a seamless and timely hand-off of secured contracts to the order execution group and project managers
- Provide adequate and timely support for any field work and on-site activities such as start-up of the equipment, commissioning and troubleshooting when required
- Undertake ad-hoc project work as required.
Skills and experience
- University degree (Bachelor/Masters) in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Result-oriented and experienced professional (10-20 years) with proven senior experience in rotating equipment industry, more specifically within the process industry (petrochemical, chemical, power, O&G)
- Experience with liquid ring (LR) technology and ability to size and select LR pumps and compressors for various applications within the above industries.
- Experience with dry vacuum pump and steam ejector technology highly desired.
- Extensive experience working with EPC’s in both the quotation / proposal generation as well as project execution phases for complex systems involving multiple components such motors, drives, heat transfer technology, vessels, instrumentation and controls.
- Ability to review and interpret complex EPC and end user specifications as well as lead all efforts within the organization and with major suppliers in order to offer technically advantageous solutions at a competitive price and within acceptable lead times.
- Related commercial and/or business development experience advantageous
- Strong technical competency in rotating equipment and various applications within the process industry
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Knowledge in SAP advantageous
- Excellent command of English in both writing and speaking, other languages advantageous
Are we a good fit?
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with the management and employees at all levels. Must possess strong communication capabilities and the ability to empower the members within the team.
- Effective communication skills and ability to interact with people
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail, capable of managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong focus on quality, accuracy, deadlines and orderly work.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from divisional management, the local teams and customers
- Clear decision making
- Act and think strategically
- Empower for initiatives, take ownership and raise red flags in case needed
- Up to 50% travel is required (includes international travel)
Choose your career with us!
- Excellent working conditions & benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com