Atlas Copco is creating a newly developed focused area to develop and grow Liquid Ring opportunities in the Chemical Process, Power, and Oil & Gas industries. This senior level position will drive technical innovations in the LR and steam jet product lines targeted into the Chemical Process, Power, and Oil & Gas industries. Develop programs for sustaining engineering around LR product line to support Systems and CC Sales. The position will allow us to leverage opportunities in the Americas.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the current Edwards LR product line with differentiated products targeted into the process industry. Drive / assist with innovative NPD programs leveraging any opportunities to patent new ideas or concepts.
- Assist in the development of an innovative single stage LR product line for the process industry.
- Assist in adapting the LR product line for positive discharge applications or other requirements.
- Establish a comprehensive LR sustaining engineering program to assist with evaluations of the product compatibility during the quotation phase for strenuous conditions commonly found in the process industry.
- Develop a comprehensive quality program for the LR Systems business in North America, consisting of, but not limited to:
- QA/QC processes for material acceptance and assembly processes
- Systems testing protocols and acceptance criteria
- ITP plans to conform with specific customer requirements
- Support SCM with vendor qualifications and quality audit programs
- Supporting the CC Sales organization in identifying opportunities and offering differentiated product options
- Providing extensive and effective mentoring of project engineers on liquid ring products and providing them with supporting material
- University degree (Bachelor/Masters) in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong technical competency in rotating equipment and various applications within the process industry
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Knowledge in SAP advantageous
- Excellent command of English in both writing and speaking, other languages advantageous
Skills and experience
- Result-oriented and experienced professional (10-20 years) with proven senior experience in managing an R&D / NPD organization.
- Extensive experience with liquid ring (LR) technology and ability to design LR pumps and compressors for various applications within the numerous industries.
- Experience in sustaining engineering and day-to-day support of the Systems and Sales organizations.
- Proven experience in creating, managing and driving QA/QC processes across multiple organizations
- Related commercial and/or business development experience advantageous
Are we a good fit?
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with the management and employees at all levels. Must possess strong communication capabilities and the ability to empower the members within the team.
- Up to 50% travel required (including international)
- Effective communication skills and ability to interact with people
- Strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail, capable of managing multiple tasks and deadlines
- Strong focus on quality, accuracy, deadlines and orderly work.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from divisional management, the local teams and customers
- Clear decision making
- Act and think strategically
- Empower for initiatives, take ownership and raise red flags in case needed
Choose your career with us!
- Excellent working conditions & benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com