This position will be a “Sales Manager” responsible for managing/supervising a team, coaching to improve performance, problem resolution, travel to their accounts and achieve sales revenue targets. Member of the Leybold North America Sales Management Team, work on strategic issues that will ensure meeting the annual sales revenue plan, such as new product launches and target account selection/penetration plans. The Sales Manager Emerging Applications is responsible for selling the full Leybold portfolio products and aftermarket product, and as such will work actively with all Business Line Managers in support of their goals.
At the descretion of the Sales Manager, Process Industries, the position may involve Account Management function at named accounts - Represent Leybold, products, and services to potential and current customers with integrity and honesty. Responsible for meeting/exceeding the assigned annual sales target and achieving assigned Business Objectives.
- Management/supervisory responsibility for a Team of Account Managers. Includes sales coaching, problem resolution and achievement of annual sales revenue targets
- Staffing/training of Account Managers in a new region to ensure optimum performance
- Part of the North American Sales Management Team that determines strategic issues such as target account selection/penetration plans, coordination with Product Sales Development Mngr on Product Launch and Customer targets
- Responsible for the sale of ALL company products to an assigned account base within a geographic region focus on Emerging Application markets including Food, Pharmaceutical, Chemical Processing, and Distributor territories as may be assigned
- Establish and implement aggressive territory sales strategies and goals as defined by the Business Line Managers for a defined Region and assigned accounts.
- Drive sales growth in new and/or expanded opportunities for Leybold products and services. (This will be focused but not exclusively in the rough market applications).
- Ensure customer satisfaction and prompt complaint resolution by interaction with other departments.
- Provide professional sales support functions to customers such as, technical support, product selection, quotations, terms & conditions, contract administration, etc.
- Complete all assignments (i.e. Monthly Reports, Forecasts, Expense Reports) in a timely and accurate manner
- Attend trade shows, seminars and training sessions to keep informed of trends effecting customers, keep abreast of competitive products, services, and value-added activities.
- Set both short term (12 month) and long-term (3 years) goals
- Responsible for maintaining company property (automobile, smart phone , computer, office equipment, customer demo/loaner products, consignment stock, etc.) that is in his/her control, and or at his/her customer site.
Skills and experience
- BS degree in Engineering, Business, or other technical discipline is required
- At least five years of experience in sales or account management, selling a technical product or service. Industrial vacuum experience is preferred
- Direct the work of team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage a team sales and field service effort
- Knowledge of vacuum technology and Leybold products is highly desirable
- Minimum of 50% travel is required
- Excellent PC skills are required (MS Office, Word, Excel, & Powerpoint)
- Valid driver’s license required
Are we a good fit?
- Sales Management
- Vacuum Technology
- Technical Sales
- Consultative Selling
- Commercial Acumen
- Territory Management
- Customer Satisfaction
- Goal Oriented
Choose your career with us!
The successful candidate will enjoy excellent working conditions and competitive wage and benefits program.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V
Leybold employs more than 1660 people on four continents. Most of them have a scientific or engineering background.
Their knowledge, creativity and experience are a prerequisite for the pronounced innovativeness of the company and hence for its success.
The requirements of high-tech industry and the cultural diversity of our global company provide for an attractive and stimulating working environment. We therefore look for employees who do not only have the required technical skills but also have extensive soft skills and are able to work in and with international project teams.
For this reason, we place great importance on staff development and a continuous exchange of knowledge. Various education and training programs provide technical know-how and enhance basic skills. Thus, the personal development of each employee is promoted systematically.