The mission of the Project Coordinator is to work closely with a culturally diverse, multi-branded team and successfully bring the cloud solution from a recently completed Proof of Concept Phase into the Pilot Phase and further on into regular operations using the software solution & hardware package that has recently been selected. The Project Coordinator will take care of the initial day to day operations surrounding the cloud including the creation of user accounts & sites, managing the onboarding of devices, providing first line of support as well as training & handover to internal users. Some travel may be required to the various internal technical centers to help train users. The selected candidate grows with the progress of the project and becomes a vital part of the team which runs regular operations of the connectivity platform.
- Learn how to use the selected cloud software platform, training for this will be provided
- Manage day to day operations of the cloud including the creation of internal & external user accounts, adding of nodes, sites & devices using SAP data
- Work closely with marketing & sales to help identify customers starting with the pilot phase
- Travel to internal Customer Centers & provide training and support to local users as required. Tasks will include training users how to navigate & manage the cloud as well as training users on how to install the cellular gateway used for connectivity
- Manage & configure hardware loading software, tracking SNs & repackaging if necessary, training for this will be provided. Once the process is established, assist with documenting and handing over to production
- Work closely with other divisions including engineering, marketing, operations, operations, finance, purchasing & production
- Support marketing with internal training for other divisions & areas regarding benefits & usability of the cloud platform
- Support the Advanced Services Specialist with ongoing feedback for continuous development of the cloud during & beyond the Pilot Phase regarding bugs, functionality, layout & other possible improvements
- Support the Advanced Services Specialist by assisting with the creation of supporting documentation for internal and external users regarding the basic “How to” including manuals, flow charts and training documents regarding cloud & hardware installation
Skills and experience
- University degree, Engineering & technical discipline
- Technical understanding ability or Engineering background
- Trainer Skills
- Intercultural collaboration
- Excellent forward planning, reporting and organization skills
- Good computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written English required
- Verbal & written proficiency in German are a plus
- Competent in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Experience in the vacuum industry is a plus but not required
- Coding knowledge is not required. Basic electrical theory & knowledge of field busses is a plus.
- Some travel anticipated – to global Customer Centers and Service Centers, as well as potentially to end-customers for initial training
Are we a good fit?
If you are looking for new challenges in an international working environment and looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next step, we might have the right job for you! Graduates fresh from university are also welcome to apply.
Choose your career with us!
Bruno Schwizer, Advanced Services Specialist
Leybold employs more than 1660 people on four continents. Most of them have a scientific or engineering background.
Their knowledge, creativity and experience are a prerequisite for the pronounced innovativeness of the company and hence for its success.
The requirements of high-tech industry and the cultural diversity of our global company provide for an attractive and stimulating working environment. We therefore look for employees who do not only have the required technical skills but also have extensive soft skills and are able to work in and with international project teams.
For this reason, we place great importance on staff development and a continuous exchange of knowledge. Various education and training programs provide technical know-how and enhance basic skills. Thus, the personal development of each employee is promoted systematically.