This position will coordinate the entire production order process from planning and creation through closing in relation to the Systems Area while maintaining the master order log for total backlog visibility and status. Daily coordination will also include material planning/availability, material transfer from external warehouse, shop floor capacity/loading, managing customer required ship dates, required production order revisions, coordination and confirmation of material availabilty date with our internal purchasing department and directly with suppliers when required, expediting material receipt with Purchasing and with suppliers as required, and proactively communicating to supervisor and all stakeholders critical issues affecting deliveries as well as opportunities to improve them.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Creating production orders for new customer orders confirming material want dates in relation to customer required dates
- Reviewing material availability for upcoming orders and acting on any shortages by coordinating all activities with our internal purchasing department or directly with our suppleirs when required.
- Internally and externally expediting material to meet production schedules.
- Updating status of each order on master log
- Revising production orders (routings / BOM’s / assignments / dates)
- Releasing production orders and making order packets for shop floor
- Coordintating material transfer from extrernal warehouse and completion of Kit orders
- Assisting with DMR’s and other order stoppages
- Picking material into the production orders
- Final confirmation of hours within the production orders and then technically completing the orders
- Revising order routings when applicable to reflect actual work completed
- Coordinating information with applicable Order Management personnel
- Communicating with Production Supervisor for order status, prioirity, shop loading
- Communicating with Shipping dept for readiness of orders
- Coordinating material shortages / demands for service orders
- Proactively communicating any issues affecting original production schedule or customer required date.
- Coordinating all internal activities required to recover from any shipping delays.
Weekly / Monthly responsibilities include:
- Completing metrics and KPI’s – including hour variance, OTD, and labor efficiency
- Maintaining inventory control for shop floor stock and non-stock items
- Reviewing Material Master lead times (Systems items) for accuracy in planning and order confirmation
- Attending weekly project review meetings and providing applicable order updates
- Recording and filing completed orders
Skills and experience
- A two year technical degree is desired and at least 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing/production environment in the planning area
- Self starter with strong work ethic and dependability
- Ability to complete many tasks at varying speeds and priorities
- Strong aptitude for process adherence and improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to logically think through prcesses and determine desired result
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (especially Excel)
- Experience using ERP software (SAP is preferred)
Are we a good fit?
- Organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- ERP experience (SAP desired)
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities
- Process driven
Choose your career with us!
- Excellent working conditions & benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
Leybold employs more than 1660 people on four continents. Most of them have a scientific or engineering background.
Their knowledge, creativity and experience are a prerequisite for the pronounced innovativeness of the company and hence for its success.
The requirements of high-tech industry and the cultural diversity of our global company provide for an attractive and stimulating working environment. We therefore look for employees who do not only have the required technical skills but also have extensive soft skills and are able to work in and with international project teams.
For this reason, we place great importance on staff development and a continuous exchange of knowledge. Various education and training programs provide technical know-how and enhance basic skills. Thus, the personal development of each employee is promoted systematically.