You will be the process development partner to the General Manager of the product company in Cologne. You are part of the management team of the product company. According to the lead factory principle, you actively align with the divisional Process Development Manager and the process development responsibles of the other product companies within the division.
See also separate document with detailed Mission for Process Development Manager Cologne.
- Develop and implement new processes to enhance safety, quality, productivity and to reduce Total Costs (Fix & Var.) and net working capital
- Develop processes that fit Product Engineering expectations for introduction of new designs
- Bring about an efficient and continuously improved relative use of working capital and assets
- Safeguard that the Product Company Cologne fulfils its Lead Factory role and responsibility on a high ambitious level as to excel in manufacturing of “core components”
- Bring about substantial productivity improvements, principally by process improvements, re-engineering activities and new investments
- Review periodically and critically the depth and width of core competence as well as definitions of core components and processes and propose necessary actions based on conclusions
- Develop strong interaction between process development, product development teams, production departments, purchasing, logistics and the financial department
- Bring about substantial production quality improvements, by implementing reliable capable processes and providing tools for ongoing monitoring and auditing the outgoing quality
- Responsible for correct input to the product standard costing. In this, there is a strong corporation with the financial controlling team
- Manage in perspective of technologic requirements of the products & processes the competences of the available resources
- Prepare in full the investment applications for new investment and defend before the PCM.
Fähigkeiten und Erfahrungen
- Experience in process development in a manufacturing environment is a must. Experience in a machining and an assembly environment is a must
- 5+yrs of work experience
- Staff Management
- Experience in logistics is a benefit
- Profound experience as a people manager is a must
- You have a university degree in engineering or equal by experience
- Strong English and German communication and understanding skills ( verbal and written) are required
Passen wir gut zusammen?
- You have strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills
- You have high energy and motivation levels
- You have excellent organizational competencies
- You are creative and entrepreneurial with maximum focus on overall cost reduction and long term profitability
- You have strong analytical, presentational and commercial skills
- You are a strong team player with experience and management and supervision of direct reports
- You are collaborative: interactive, actively take contact with people to learn from their unique and diverse competences and perspectives and share own knowledge and experience
- You have a customer centric attitude and you empower the team and create trustworthy and fair relations with all stakeholders
- You are an open-minded person: flexible and global-minded, passionate about learning and exploring, adapt quickly to new situations and opportunities, excited to find new ways, perspectives, ideas and opportunities for implementing improvements
- You combine a strong personality with the ability to work as part of a team.
- You have operational drive and are result-oriented, take responsibility, be proactive and actively make things happen and embrace modern technology and the opportunities this offers
Wählen Sie Ihre Karriere bei uns!
- Excellent working conditions & benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Leybold employs more than 1660 people on four continents. Most of them have a scientific or engineering background.
Their knowledge, creativity and experience are a prerequisite for the pronounced innovativeness of the company and hence for its success.
The requirements of high-tech industry and the cultural diversity of our global company provide for an attractive and stimulating working environment. We therefore look for employees who do not only have the required technical skills but also have extensive soft skills and are able to work in and with international project teams.
For this reason, we place great importance on staff development and a continuous exchange of knowledge. Various education and training programs provide technical know-how and enhance basic skills. Thus, the personal development of each employee is promoted systematically.