Develop and maintain technical performance knowledge to execute orders / contracts received for standard and customized vacuum pump systems offered and sold by Industrial Systems.
- Develop and maintain ability to select and coordinate appropriate Atlas Copco / Edwards / Leybold products with guidance of Proposal Engineers to meet customer design requirements.
- Work with Proposal and other Engineers to interpret vacuum systems sold and prepare all engineering and design documentation including final P&ID, general and detailed drawings and bills of material for the manufacture of Industrial Vacuum Systems.
- Review and interpret all technical specifications and incorporate all tehnical requirements as outlined in purchase order / contract.
- Lead the design process for assigned projects. Run the gate reviews and document reults.
- Create 3D models.
- Responsible for all appropriate calculations (stress, defelection, water and gas flow, etc) for the design.
- Create BOM and routings for design.
- Oversee maintenance of various drawing files and customer documents through SAP system.
- Interface with assembly group to facilitate the manufacturing and assembly process and clarify design issues as required.
- Implement required changes to resolve manufacturing and field problems to improve product performance and reliability.
- Define material to be ordered and develop consistent bills of materials with focus on meeting both delivery and cost targets through product commonality and other means.
- Interface with Technical Buyer and, as required, vendors to answer technical questions to facilitate the purchasing process.
- Interface with QA/QC department to define and coordinate all aspects of quality assurance and control, including ITPs.
- Interface with Project Manager to coordinate and communicate overall progress of project and any relevant issues that may surface during the execution of the project.
- Ensure that knowledge and understanding of customer design requirements and specific issues is communicated to all relevant parties.
- Interface with internal and external assemblers to ensure safety and cost-effective quality in the manufacturing and assembly process.
- Troubleshoot and implement required changes to resolve manufacturing and field problems to improve product performance and reliability.
- Continually seek process, design, and communications improvements to ensure the highest quality while meeting targets – delivery and price.
Skills and experience
- A minimum of an Engineering Degree (MET or similar) or relevant experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years of directly related experience is required with a preference for mechanical engineering, engineering management and vacuum technology background
- 3D modeling experience required and strong Pro-E/Creo proficiency is desired
- Skills required include mechanical aptitude and the ability to read electrical schematics and motor controls knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- SAP familiarity strongly desired
- Skill in the use of other CAD platforms is desired
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office is desired
- Electrical or motor control experience or knowledge preferred
- Vacuum technology experience or knowledge preferred
Are we a good fit?
- Technical appitude
- Critical thinking
Choose your career with us!
- Excellent working conditions & benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
Leybold employs more than 1660 people on four continents. Most of them have a scientific or engineering background.
Their knowledge, creativity and experience are a prerequisite for the pronounced innovativeness of the company and hence for its success.
The requirements of high-tech industry and the cultural diversity of our global company provide for an attractive and stimulating working environment. We therefore look for employees who do not only have the required technical skills but also have extensive soft skills and are able to work in and with international project teams.
For this reason, we place great importance on staff development and a continuous exchange of knowledge. Various education and training programs provide technical know-how and enhance basic skills. Thus, the personal development of each employee is promoted systematically.