This is a role supporting a rapidly growing, exiting and challenging world of the service technology centres supporting multinational and small companies in 19 facilities around the world.
As part of the team supporting this growth and standardisation it builds on years of lean development and working in a Shingo culture.
This role manages a current team of cost reduction manufacturing engineers based in several locations globally and works with the global and regional engineering teams.
The right candidate will have a passion for exploring, developing and implementing new lean methodologies with a wide cutural base to enhance the business.
- Safety: Ensure that company safety change management is complied with before commencing Lean changes and changes reduce the facility risk rating.
- Quality: Manage the documentation of STC’s to global lean standard and the alignment and compliance to these.
- Delivery: Initiate site transformation projects to develop new lean capability or incorporation existing standards to meet rising or falling capacity requirements. Manage these through Hub managers, Local Engineering Managers. Provide functional management and facilitation for these lean transformation projects. Ensure global improvements are rolled out.
- Cost: Develops, deploys and monitors the lean cost reduction program.
- People: To manage the cost reduction engineers. Behave in line with Shingo principles and the cultural approach of VTPS. Develop, motivate and support remanufacturing personnel to achieve project targets. Keep up to date guidelines (best practice) and training documents relevant to all aspects of lean manufacturing.
- Environment: Ensures projects meet or exceed environmental targets.
- Management. Develop the vision of a fully lean STC site.
Own the forward roadmap, plan, execution, and management of projects to timescale and budget. Communicate internally and externally as an authority in the field of lean manufacturing. Work with general managers, Hub managers, Regional and local Engineering Managers to define and agree the roadmap, project plan and resource for lean in each STC.
Skills and experience
- Education level Degree or Masters degree in Engineering
- Relevant Previous experience
- 10 years post qualification in manufacturing engineering and at least 5 years experience in designing and implementing lean manufacturing projects, including 3 years experience of managing significant projects. Knowledge areas/Skills (minimum level of knowledge to fullfil the role’s responsibilities)
Able to operate at senior level, including President level.
- Professionalism: Apply knowledge of business, products, applications, expertise and technology in order to achieve business results. Handles new and exceptional difficulties and because of professional knowledge is consulted by his colleagues.
- Strong communication skills, organisational awareness and impact and influencing skills are a prerequisite. Confidant presenter, can build a structured case and argument for a proposed direction.
- Able to Lead build a strong team, coach, motivate to achieve targets.
Excellent knowledge of VT STC products, processes & systems including Lean, VT Production System.
Strong financial and business acumen.
- Analytical approach to problems using qualitative and quantitative techniques.
- Planning and execution: Plans and works in systematic and organized way, follow directions and procedures, commits to objectives and goals, drive activities and follow up to delivery results. Translates strategy into specific action plans with targets and able to prioritize initiatives. Using right resources. Holds an overview about the whole process.
- Proficient in SAP, CAD and PC skills including excel, project, word, PowerPoint.
Key competence required for the role
- English language profficient
- Experience of operating internationally is essential and availability to Travel circa 30%
- Can quickly establish credibility and become a trusted and valued member of the team.
- Proactive, innovative and skilled problem solver.
- Clear thinking, innovative, methodical, detailed, self disciplined, self starter, works successfully with others, directs the activities of others, and operates effectively under pressure
- Operates well under stress
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com