To establish Leybold as the core supplier of product and services through the effective management of Universities, Institutes and key accounts within the field of Research & Development in the Scientific Vacuum applications sector.
To achieve revenue, profitability and growth objectives for the territory of the Netherlands.
- Development and execution of the Leybold R&D and Analytical business strategy for the territory. The market and client coverage of the role stretches from central to west Netherlands, in the locality of technical universities.
- Achievement of Sales, Orders, Profitability and Growth objectives for the territory
- In delivering excellent customer service the incumbent will:
- Be first point of contact for all technical queries on vacuum products
- Offer vacuum slutions and technical support to assigned customers
- Analyse market requirements
- Build relatinships in order to work with other internal departments in Universitiies
- Setting-up qutations and contracts
- Answering custmer complaints
- Development of key relationships within the account organisation to influence investment/purchasing decision making.
To identify and secure new business opportunities within the account portfolio/territory, through first class account management.
- Analysis of competitor's activities
- Product presentations for customers
- Participation at exhibitions in order to develop relatinships with potential customers.
- Development of potential customers in cooperation with Marketing, other Sales departments and Service
- Monitoring of order intake and margin for the assigned customers and region to ensure business flow and that margins are achieved.
- Reporting of the activities with assigned customers, informing the BLM when issues arise and when support is needed, and collaborating on new opportunities that are identified.
- Working in close cooperation with the division to ensure that montly and quarterly reporting is accurately delivered.
- The incumbent will be required to undertake the following:
- Assess Market requirements
- Provide Technical support
- Demonstrate expertise of vacuum solutions
- Deliver Quotations, contracts
- Answering of customer complaints
- Growing the contacts of decision makers
- Development of sales strategies jointly with the Product Management
- Establish and pursue sales priorities by identifying major potentials
- Analysis of competitor’s activities
- Product presentations
- Development of potential customers in agreement with marketing and sales management
- Budgeting and control of order intake and margin for the assigned key customer list, as well as in total for the sales and service team
- Budgeting and control of the personal expenses (travel costs, investments, customer entertainment, promotional gifts, etc.), as well as the total for the sales team
- Reporting of the activities with assigned customers
- Updating the C4C system accordingly
- Support of marketing, service, distribution
- Abiding strictly by contracts, agreed plans, gain orders, company rules, etc.
Skills and experience
- Fluent/native Dutch speaker essential, very good English language skills essential, German is not essential but useful
- High customer focus
- Willingness to learn
- Team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Driven for results and action oriented
- Very good knowledge MS Office
- Basic knowledge in SAP and CRM sytems
Are we a good fit?
Key to success in this role will be the ability to drive customer success and improve business results whilst working as part of the team.
Choose your career with us!
Leybold employs more than 1660 people on four continents. Most of them have a scientific or engineering background.
Their knowledge, creativity and experience are a prerequisite for the pronounced innovativeness of the company and hence for its success.
The requirements of high-tech industry and the cultural diversity of our global company provide for an attractive and stimulating working environment. We therefore look for employees who do not only have the required technical skills but also have extensive soft skills and are able to work in and with international project teams.
For this reason, we place great importance on staff development and a continuous exchange of knowledge. Various education and training programs provide technical know-how and enhance basic skills. Thus, the personal development of each employee is promoted systematically.