HR Manager _ Leybold Singapore
Mission / Purpose of the Job
A passionate, meticulous and attentive individual who will be a key strategic partner in the leadership team, identifying and responding to the organization’s changing needs.
To contribute to the development of the Vacuum Technique wide HR strategy, ensuring focus on continuous improvement in HR processes and procedures and realizing synergies associated with creating ‘one process/procedure/approach’ and ‘one VT HR team’ in each country.
Responsibilities / Job description
- Work in partnership with Country Manager and their Leadership team (LT) to understand future business objectives and develop local HR strategies and solutions that align with global HR strategy to meet such objectives.
- Actively work on developing relationships and ensuring clear contracting for services with AC HR, particularly where there is current service provision in place.
- Ensure that a high quality HR service is provided to meet business objectives in Singapore.
- Work closely with business leaders and line managers, providing expert HR guidance on a variety of HR matters. In doing so, advice on compliance and risk management issues, providing an appropriate level of challenge where appropriate.
- Attend regular management meetings and actively participate as a member of the leadership team as required in order to ensure provision of HR perspective and expertise to site discussions.
- Encourage and actively work with country leaders to develop an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, cost effectiveness, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Ensure that there are communication forums in place at all sites and ensure the effectiveness of these forums through regular attendance and provision of support and guidance to the forum members and their leaders.
- Support in developing talent plans partnering with the L&D Specialist as appropriate to develop talent management strategies to deliver those plans: to include recruitment, succession planning, organizational design, individual and organization development, global mobility and optimization of the graduate program.
- Work closely with your Payroll agents and ensure that monthly payroll is processed in an accurate and timely manner, ensuring full resolution of any issues should they arise.
- Ensure that cyclical HR activity (eg annual salary review, bonus, PPDR process) is executed effectively and efficiently within area of responsibility.
- Responsible for data accuracy in area so responsibility and for playing an active role in the introduction of new global systems and processes – LMS, HR Link, Success Factors, GDPR.
- Ensure that the business complies with all relevant regulations, laws and organizational policies and that all ER issues are proactively managed.
- Ensure that Time and Attendance systems, where they are in place are used fully and ensure that attendance / absence are well managed and that a health and wellbeing program is in place in country.
- Ensure that recruitment activity is well managed and that local market understanding is maintained in order to add value to the recruitment process. Ensure that preferred supplier listings are in place and appropriate to meet business needs and that providers are operating to a high standard. Support managers with sourcing and selecting high calibre candidates, advising on profiling and psychometric tools as appropriate. Ensure that Prokura process is followed and that all vacancies are posted across all internal job markets.
- Liaise regularly with HR Expertise teams (Compensation & Benefit and Talent, Learning & Development) of the group as required to ensure that expertise activity can be effectively delivered at sites and that local needs are taken into account.
- To be involved in wider HR projects either relevant to country or more globally, as appropriate and as directed by the Divisional HRBP(s) / VP HR.
- To take a lead role in roll out of global HR projects to employees as required, in agreement with the HRBP(s), Expertise Leads or VP HR.
- Collaborate with other members of the global HR team as appropriate to align ways of working and share best practice globally
- Establish and maintain links with external organisations in country, in order to support development of the Leybold / AC employer brand.
- Coach and develop team members to build and maximize capability ensure alignment across areas of responsibility as far as possible, and the sharing of best practice.
- Maintain a strong connection with employees in your area of responsibility.
Business Knowledge, Educational Background and Work Experience
- Degree or equivalent post-graduate HR qualification
- 7 years + experience in HR with the majority of that time spent in a generalist role, preferably in a manufacturing organisation.
- Up to date knowledge of appropriate employment legislation and evidence of putting employment law knowledge into practice.
- Experience of operating a continuously changing and evolving environment.
- Experience of supporting/delivering culture change projects
- Line management experience.
- Ability to understand and use HR Systems, including payroll systems.
- Numerate and computer literate
- Dynamic with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to deal with conflict – communication, negotiation, persuasion and influencing skills
- Ability to work independently, whilst also being able to judge when additional support is required.
- Ability to set own priorities, manage multiple tasks and reschedule work in a changing environment.
- Ability to set goals and consistently deliver timely and accurate results and service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with empathy – emotionally intelligent.
Team player with experience of management and supervision of direct reports as well ability to build support from non-direct reports in order to successfully achieve goals
The job holder will guide and manage the overall provision of HR services, policies and programmes to the Region for which they are responsible.
They will work closely with senior leaders on a day to day basis, whilst also collaborating with their HR peer group and team to ensure provision of a high quality HR service, which leverages knowledge and resources and shares best practice.
The job holder will have latitude to decide what action to take in order to achieve agreed objectives, escalating decisions of a potentially contentious nature and those outside current policy as necessary to either the CM or Admin Responsible Divisional HRBP
The job holder is likely to need to communicate and negotiate with a wider range of employees, senior managers and some external contacts on a regular basis. It’s highly likely that communication, persuasion and influencing skills will be key to success in this role.
The job holder will have contact with management levels throughout the business in Singapore which may involve attending meetings on cross-functional and cross-company issues and policies.
In order to provide accurate advice and guidance to line management on procedures and recommend actions on issues, the job holder will be expected to maintain a thorough knowledge of current employment legislation, local market context and company policies.
In fulfilling this role the job holder will work in accordance with the Atlas Copco values.
Number of Employes: 30
Reports to: Country Manager – Leybold Singapore
Company Presentation (recruiting company):
Leybold Singapore is responsible for sales, marketing and service. It has a total of 30 employees and revenues of 14.5 mUSD in the region of Singapore. Leybold Singapore belongs to Customer Centre Leybold APAC.
Founded in Germany, Leybold has more than 165 years of experience in vacuum technology. It has 32 own locations and 48 agents across the world with 1,650 employees.