Mission/Purpose of the Job
Your mission is to develop in a sustainable way the Product Company in all its dimensions to match the target of operational efficiency, cost leadership and innovation for the development of new products for the VT business area.
As general manager, you are responsible for the profit & loss and the balance sheet of the company. Fundamentals in your mission are to run the operations with focus on excellence in supply chain and operations management; safety, quality, asset management and organisational development and to deliver superior value and excellent customer service.
- Fully embrace the Vacuum Technique SHE Policy, vision and culture and continue to improve the performance of the product company, striving for zero work or product related accidents.
- Demnstrate visible leadership
- Imprve physical conditions using risk rating tool
- Imprve bahaviors via LeadSafe
- Fully embrace the Vacuum Technique Quality Policy and Quality Charter and through continual improvement strive to deliver defect free products and services to our customers.
- Improve product and process quality ( internal/supplier) by more effective quality management systems. Organize regular PQM as per divisional standards and secure action plan attainment. As a permanent member of the PQM, your mission is to make sure actions are timely taken by the involved members of meeting being Engineering, Production, Purchasing and Service.
- Create a high quality mentality. Guarantee safe and reliable products in line with global industry standards. Target to bring the net warranty costs under 1% of NIS.
- Meet market competitive lead-time with reliable on-time delivery performance at minimum cost to the business through the implementation of lean practices in a flexible and efficient operation that matches our customer needs and delivers superior value and excellent customer service.
- Full ownership of profit & loss and the balance sheet of the Product Company.
- Visualize, deploy and actively manage applicable Key Performance Indicators according to divisional metrics and targets and create/facilitate a shop floor based continuous improvement culture throughout the company.
- Secure timely and accurate financial and operational reporting as per agreed divisional standards with strong emphasis on corrective action planning.
- Drive Continuous Improvement and Innovation in all departments in order to reach the targets of PK reduction ( CC7) and efficiency in production.
- Create and manage through it’s lifecycle an innovative and reliable product portfolio that is in line with customer needs and Divisional requirements and strategies.
- Reduce time to market for new products by a robust product development process and excellent project management system. Organize regular PTM/PCM/PSM as per divisional standards and secure action plan attainment ensuring to delivery projects On Time In Full.
- Manage a strong, flexible and reliable supply chain that supports company targets in terms of product quality, product availability, product cost and the use of working capital.
- Attract, develop and retain the best people and encourage diversity in line with our corporate values.
- Ensure all operators and staff have the right competences and skills, and have the confidence and authority to run their processes and systems in a sustainable way. Secure flexibility and agility of the workforce.
- Develop a strong shop floor leadership culture ( lead by example) based on respect (lead with humility and respect every individual) and tight operational controls and with strong focus on 5S, safety, process execution and organisational discipline.
- Full implement the Vacuum Technique Production System (VTPS) accross the entire site.
- Lead change and transformation initiatives to fully align and integrate VTBA business practices and AC (Way We Do Things) across all divisions active in the Product Company.
- Manage local issues, whilst interfacing effectively across a multi dimension matrix organisation through:
GM Product Company Peer Group
Divisional Management Team
Local Country Management Team
- Ensure that statutory legislation, government regulations and Vacuum Technique‘s policies are applied.
Business Knowledge, Educational Background and Work Experience
University degree in an engineering or relevant discipline or equivalent working experience
Operations, Planning and Supply Chain
NPI and Engineering
Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing
P&L and Balance Sheet management
Relevant Previous Experience
Proven track record in Operations Management, ideally in a machining/electronics/light assembly environment.
Proven track record in Technical/Engineering Management with particular knowledge of (NPI) New Product Introduction and Project/Program Management of complex, multidimensional products.
Excellent command of English
Other Soft Skills and Knowledge
Dynamic with strong leadership skills
Good interpersonal skills
Able to empower team members and network across Edwards globally
Passion for excellence and continuous improvement
Able to work in a complex Matrix organisation with many and often conflicting requirements
Act Strategically whilst delivering everyday performance
Create and communicate a vision which meets the mission
Engage and Inspire
Listen to and drive Customer Satisfaction
Scope of the job
The GM must be able to interact and influence at President level as well as with all other levels internally and externally in order to forge effective working relationship necessary to support the business growth
The GM will take full responsibility for bringing products to market on behalf of the Divisions. This includes:
- Engineering, Procurement, Supply chain, Manufacturing, Distribution.
- Meetig customer needs in a cyclical business
- Creatig and managing an agile organisation
- Working in a Matrix organisation with multiple senior level stakeholders
Leybold employs more than 1660 people on four continents. Most of them have a scientific or engineering background.
Their knowledge, creativity and experience are a prerequisite for the pronounced innovativeness of the company and hence for its success.
The requirements of high-tech industry and the cultural diversity of our global company provide for an attractive and stimulating working environment. We therefore look for employees who do not only have the required technical skills but also have extensive soft skills and are able to work in and with international project teams.
For this reason, we place great importance on staff development and a continuous exchange of knowledge. Various education and training programs provide technical know-how and enhance basic skills. Thus, the personal development of each employee is promoted systematically.