Installs, analyzes, troubleshoots, maintains and services Leybold vacuum pumps and related equipment (mechanical and electrical) in the field. Proactively promotes increased sales of spare parts, service repairs and other aftermarket services within an assigned geographical territory and at assigned target key accounts.
- Works closely with local account managers and service organization to increase sales of spare parts and aftermarket services of Leybold and Brand X products and helps to identify and penetrate new accounts within assigned regions
- Installs, analyzes, troubleshoots, maintains and services Leybold pumps and related equipment (mechanical and electrical) in the field.
- Able to achieve budget goals for sales of spares and aftermarket services.
- Supports new product qualifications and installations.
- Provides technical advice, assistance and product training to customers.
- Maintains relations between the customer and the organization on field service and aftermarket sales matters.
- Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs.
- In conjunction with sales, identifies areas for product improvement or needs for new products.
- Maintains historical log of site visits and writes trip reports and continues to follow-up on activities to ensure customers needs have been satisfied.
- Assist Sales Channels in selling company’s products & services by providing technical expertise to prospective and established customers.
- Increases employee’s knowledge of Leybold products in effectively facilitating installation, start-up, and maintenance of related equipment.
- Helps develop and train additional field service staff.
Skills and experience
- A.S. degree in technical related discipline or 5 years of field service experience. Individuals with vacuum technology experience are a plus. (e.g., vacuum systems, turbopumps, dry pumps, booster pumps, leak detectors, rotary vane pumps, vacuum gauges and cryo pumps)
- Individuals who have the ability to develop strong customer relationships & promote Aftermarket sales and service
- Working knowledge of electronics, electrical systems and mechanical aptitude.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Works independently with minimal supervision and is a self-starter.
- Up to 60% domestic and international travel (primarily domestic).
- Basic computer skills and working knowledge of personal computer environments (i.e. Microsoft office, etc.).
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Demonstrated sense of urgency to respond to customer requirements.
- Good customer presence & interpersonal skills, experience selling aftermarket services is a plus
- Safety conscious.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Valid driver’s license required
Are we a good fit?
- Technical appitude
- Customer service
- Independent worker
Choose your career with us!
- Excellent working conditions & benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
Los Angeles Area (So. California)
Leybold employs more than 1660 people on four continents. Most of them have a scientific or engineering background.
Their knowledge, creativity and experience are a prerequisite for the pronounced innovativeness of the company and hence for its success.
The requirements of high-tech industry and the cultural diversity of our global company provide for an attractive and stimulating working environment. We therefore look for employees who do not only have the required technical skills but also have extensive soft skills and are able to work in and with international project teams.
For this reason, we place great importance on staff development and a continuous exchange of knowledge. Various education and training programs provide technical know-how and enhance basic skills. Thus, the personal development of each employee is promoted systematically.