- The role leads the Failure Analysis team based within a Service Technology Centre but will involve regular travel to customer sites within a region and globally when required for management reporting.
- The role supports all Service Technology Centres serviced products both within Vacuum Technique and Vacuum Semiconductor Service.
- Supports the management of global Warranty costs across
- Accoutable for managing the Failure Analysis Team to identify the root cause of failure and propose solutions to various internal and external customers, using data and knowledge from failure identification material, field information, SAP, download data, warranty test stands, strip report data.
- Proactively commuicates to the Product Company technical support teams, new types of failure modes and new problem processes.&bsp; Esures supporting evidence from Failure Analysis team is concise, accurate and a demonstrates clear understanding of the failure and root cause leading to an improvement of the lifetime of vacuum pumps globally.
- Facilitates the commuication with external parties to gather and collate background information of products and processes ensuring a detailed and thorough investigation into failure analysis can be conducted by the Failure Analysis team, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction are delivered.
- Review ad approve the failure analysis reports by the Failure Analysis Team for release to customers within agreed time schedules.&bsp; Where required, raise warraty issues and support Customer Centres and Business Line Managers in the presentation of the Service Technology Centre findings and be the initial contact for all failure communication
- Accoutable for the accurate reporting and tracking of product failure modes by product type and also the quality of information entered in the failure analysis reporting system. Supports the improvement of the product analysis reporting system to aid identification and documentation of failure modes.
Skills and experience
- Strong leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years‘ experience in testing, applications, manufacturing, remanufacturing, field or onsite service
- Solid understanding of manufacturing and service methods and manufacturing or remanufacturing practices with wide product knowledge
- Good knowledge of the vacuum technique business area products and processes
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrates clear logical thinking, leading to fact based driven decisions. Articulates importance and need for accuracy and integrity when presenting results.
- Self-directed, with the ability to handle and resolve complex and challenging problems whilst maintaining regular communication and engagement with the internal customer. Drives for industry and best practice resolution of issues.
- Understands customer needs and ensures Failure Analysis team delivers solutions that meet expectations and timeframes, whilst working in alignment with Edwards and Leybold strategies and processes
Key competence required for the role
- Strong project management skills to plan, prioritise and delegate whilst managing time, resources, schedules and cost
- Adapts own behaviour and communication style to different situations and uses effective communication techniques to convey own ideas and understand other viewpoints. Able to operate at multiple levels within the organisation.
- Strong knowledge of process improvement methodologies and identifies and gains access to the appropriate tools and techniques to aid failure analysis work, ensuring that these are used by the Failure Analysis team e.g. Inspection and trouble shooting, Quality tools, Pareto, 5 Whys, 5W/2H, Brainstorming
- Experienced in MS Office applications, proficient and trained in SAP
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Proficient with home country language, a good command of written and spoken English is also required
Choose your career with us!
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com