This position will assemble standard and engineered-to-order vacuum systems to meet customer requirements (function and delivery) utilizing the documentation, schematics, drawings, and bills of materials provided. Assembly of customer orders includes complete systems, sub-components, and possible controls. Process steps include layout, assembly, wiring, testing, and final preparation before shipment.
- Assemble vacuum systems and/or non-standard pump configurations per specifications, drawings, and bills of material provided by Systems Engineering personnel
- Assembly consists of mounting, bolting, drilling, tapping, screwing, and cleaning. Final system wiring, including wiring of control panels, control components, and motor starters is frequently required while new wiring/rewiring of junction boxes and control panels is sometimes required
- Mechanical and electrical assembly skills utilizing proper tools
- Testing and leak checking of all components to meet customer specifications
- Responsible for system assembly integrity and zero defect quality
- Completion of work assignments in a timely manner while meeting Leybold quality standards
- Ability to use electrical test equipment at times
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Responsible for attending and complying with Hazard Communications (Right to Know) training and cooperate in all aspects of the company’s safety and health programs
Skills and experience
- Two Year technical school degree desired or High school graduate w/three (3) years experience in industrial mechanical/electro mechanical assembly, repair operations, or technical environment
- Strong mechanical aptitude and electrical aptitude, ability to use hand tools, small power/pneumatic tools, and electrical equipment
- Ability to read general assembly drawings, electrical schematics, general understanding of electrical wiring and components, ability to use hand held measuring devices such as micrometers
- Ablility to work in a team environment, cooperatively with fellow associates
- Ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Experience using overhead cranes, jib cranes, and material handling equipment
- Experience in 5S and Lean Manufacturing within the workplace
- Customer focused and team spirited
- Computer skills are a plus
Are we a good fit?
- Electro-mechanical aptitude
- Team spirited
- 5S focused
- Positive "can do" attitude
- Technical skills
- Customer focused
Choose your career with us!
- Excellent working conditions & benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
Leybold employs more than 1660 people on four continents. Most of them have a scientific or engineering background.
Their knowledge, creativity and experience are a prerequisite for the pronounced innovativeness of the company and hence for its success.
The requirements of high-tech industry and the cultural diversity of our global company provide for an attractive and stimulating working environment. We therefore look for employees who do not only have the required technical skills but also have extensive soft skills and are able to work in and with international project teams.
For this reason, we place great importance on staff development and a continuous exchange of knowledge. Various education and training programs provide technical know-how and enhance basic skills. Thus, the personal development of each employee is promoted systematically.