Your mission will be to lead our two Distribution center’s (DCs) operations in the EMEA region and to develop them further as a shared service provider for all six Business Divisions within the Vacuum Technique Business Area (VTBA).
This includes to drive Operational Excellence by delivering lower total logistics cost and to proactively work with the several internal customers (such as Product Companies and Customer Centers) to fulfil the business needs by delivering excellent service towards our customers.
The major tasks of the role are to..
- Lead the Distribution center operations in Cologne (Germany) and Lutin (Czech Republic).
- Disciplinary, professionally as well as commercially manage inbound, outbound, kitting operations, transportation bookings (inclusive special transports), customs administration, procurement of factored goods.
- Develop logistics distribution strategies for the EMEA region by getting input from the different Divisions and the Vacuum Technique Business Area.
- Define and improve Key Performance Indicator’s to measure and optimize the performance of the organization in a transparent way, supported by systems and processes.
- Drive different logistics projects to generate maximum synergies and optimization between all brands and Divisions within the VTBA, for both equipment and service spares business distribution.
- Be an active member of the VTBA logistics council.
- Hold regular interaction with the VP Logistics for the VTBA.
- Develop talents within the DCs and empower people to act in line with the Atlas Copco philosophie of taking ownership and being accountable.
- Conduct regular feedback as well as development discussions and appraisal with the team members.
- Foster and encourage a diverse working environment and stimulate a culture of inclusion and diversity.
- Implement the results from the Global Freight Council negotiated international outbound logistics contracts in the DC Cologne and the Czech Republic and conversion of the relevant routes.
- Arrange development and optimization of product and shipping packaging within and in coordination with the requirements by the Divisions.
Skills and experience
You fit into the role if you have extensive experience in various operations; logistics and distribution experiences would be ideal, export and import goods handling is an asset.
Furthermore, you have proven good process development skills,
You have good knowledge of SAP, Power-BI, Excell & Access.
Are we a good fit?
We fit well together if you are..
- Collaborative to actively take contact with people to learn from their unique and diverse competences and perspectives and share your own knowledge and experience.
- Open-minded to be flexible and global-thinking.
- Passionate about learning and exploring new things; adapt quickly to new situations and opportunities as well aexcited to find new ways, perspectives and ideas.
- Resourceful to always look for a better way, using the resources at hand and actively make things happen, embracing new technology.
- Entrepreneurial to take responsibility and be results driven.
- Curious by nature, thrive on discovering new and practical ways to solve real issue and show persistency in seeing things through to get results.
Choose your career with us!
In the Vacuum Technique Business Area we are offering a great working environment, which reflects the Atlas Copco Group company culture. We provide our people with good opportunities to grow in their roles as well as to develop their own careers further.
Professional development, flexibility, a coaching and family culture, flat hierarchies and lot of own accountability as well as access to many global networks are just few of the examples which describe our group.
We live our core values of innovation, interaction and commitment and hire talents who fit to our culture and have the right attitude to always look for a better way.
VP HR for Vacuum Technique Service Division
VP Logistics VTBA
We add value wherever we do business
The Atlas Copco Group serves customers through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators, pumps, power tools and assembly systems. We are a global and diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to grow.
Passionate people create exceptional things. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future. We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com