Purpose of the Job
Work with VTBA Head of Safety, Health, Environment to develop and implement workable and robust systems to drive for the highest levels of business continuity practice within Vacuum Technique Business Area. Develop the business continuity section of the VT SHE OGSM, and implement KPIs to measure its fulfillment.
Lead and direct the VT business area to ensure that it continuously operates to local, national and/or company standards of business continuity and to prevent major customer impact from business disruption.
- Be the Business Continuity champion for the Vacuum Technique BA and create the behavioural and mind set shift required to drive the organisation to world class industry leading performance.
- Provide professional support and mentoring in best Business Coninuity practices for the Vacuum Technique global team of SHE Managers and divisional/ site management teams.
- Create a global Business Continuity strategy, aligned with the VTBA SHE Council and industry/customer requirements.
- Be the Functional Business Continuity lead for SHE managers and their teams within VTBA.
- Ensure that the Vacuum Technique Business Continuity management system is effectively implemented in all divisions and adheres to Atlas Copco and ISO requirements.
- Develop a Vacuum Technique global ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management certification program to meet BA and divisional business needs.
- Work with regional & functional management (e.g. VTIS) to manage a long term sustainable approach to the assessment of business continuity risks, the recording of such risks and the swift introduction of measures to minimise such risks, both preventative and protective.
- Own & improve the Vacuum Technique business continuity RCE in line with stakeholder requirements including customers.
- Interact at a high level with Divisions & functions to drive collaborative business continuity programs.
- Implement and drive tools and techniques to proactively prevent business continuity risks within Vacuum Technique.
- Develop training to support the Vacuum Technique global business continuity program.
- Work with divisional, functional and site SHE management to ensure effective follow up and investigation of business continuity events and that corrective actions are effective. Take the lead role in investigations into serious incidents where required.
- Ensure that regional management operate a streamlined and effective reporting system which will allow the monitoring of regional/site business continuity performance.
- Ensure an effective program of audits and inspections are in place globally to assure compliance to company and regulatory procedures/requirements.
- Be actively involved in the Business Area, applicable functions, divisional SHE teams and the VTBA SHE council.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience and knowledge of leading and managing Business Continuity programs and implementation within a large global matrix organisation.
- Track record showing succesful delivery of Business Continuity performance improvement initiatives and risk reduction programs.
- Strong communication skills to effectively influence stakeholders and work collaboratively across teams.
- Self Starter, effective time manager.
- Assertive, diplomatic with a good appreciation of business and commercial issues.
- Strong problem solving skills, self-confidence and resilience.
- Understanding and expertise of Business Continuity regulations, standards and systems.
- Experience of operating internationally.
- Able to operate at senior level.
- The ability to communicate at multiple levels within the organization across cultures is imperative
- Profesional and recognised qualification in Business Continuity management. Business Continuity Management BCI Diploma or equivalent, and a full member of the business continuity institute (MBCI) or equivalent.
Scope of the job
This is a high profile global position that will require functional management of regional SHE managers to deliver a world class business continuity culture and performance in a challenging and very demanding safety critical industry.
The role will involve frequent interaction with all VTBA divsions and brands.
Full ownership of the VTBA Corporate business continuity strategy and delivery.
Global Regions – Asia, EU, North and South America
VTBA Global staff – circa 9,200
Global support for site SHE Managers - circa 50
Direct Reports – 0
The job requires:
Ability to travel regularly overseas – approximately 25% travel
Regular contact/visits with key international stakeholders to assist in development of PC/CC/STC/divisional business continuity plans and scenario testing
Directing & prioritising the work of regional SHE managers and their teams.
Passionate people create exceptional things
At Atlas Copco we believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology enables us to innovate for a sustainable future.
We believe that people make it happen and with us you are empowered to act. Your ideas can make a real difference and contribute to the quality of life for people everywhere.
We offer a wide range of interesting job roles and many opportunities to grow. This is where it begins – Join us at the Home of Industrial Ideas.