Provide first level of Technical Support in the Customer Center. Support Leybold products through technical know-how for North America. Work on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Provide comprehensive and complete technical support to Leybold Technical Personnel and Customers to maintain high level of customer satisfaction. Act as a resource to the Sales and Service with technical service related questions.
- First point of contact for customer and field technical inquiries and issues. Close inquires by providing problem solving and trouble-shooting instructions and escalate as needed
- Consult with customers regarding their various options, service related technical inquires, requirements and assigning of the related services
- Interface with Service Admin to insure service requests are opened promptly and directed to the appropriate work center; depot repair or field service
- Follow up on quotes (repair estimates) to progress the sales cycle and help realize cross selling and upselling opportunities
- Prepare detailed failure reports and assisting with cost estimates
- Enter complaints or error messages from customers in the CCM’s system in SAP
- Track reoccurring error patterns provide information to QA, R&D, Applications and Product Support to determine the root cause and corrective actions
- Consistently achieves results in responding to customer and internal technical inquiries regarding product specifications, maintenance and performance issues. Provides technical assistance in any manner as required
- Communicate, develop, maintain and demonstrates comprehensive, complete and detailed knowledge of assigned products and applications
- Assist in evaluating, maintaining and organizing of technical documentation for all product lines
- Respond successfully to complicated & complex customer requests for modifications, upgrades and repairs
- Promote the sales of Leybold training programs
- Deliver technical presentations and training to customers and to all Internal Sales/marketing team
- Maintain complete and detailed knowledge of assigned products and applications
- Look for additional opportunities (up selling) when offering service and trade in products
- Engage in detailed acceptance test plans, etc. with customers where applicable and participate in negotiating detailed technical changes, with guidance from PCs as appropriate.
- Contribute, within the team, to the improvement of procedures and practices
- Develops new ideas and solutions to improve practices and procedures. Provides technical guidance to less experienced staff
Skills and experience
- B.S. degree in a technical related discipline is preferred, or at least 10 years customer support experience with a technical related product, marketing or product management. Vacuum Industry preferred.
- Strong MS office experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Overnight travel is required, up to 20%.
- Basic knowledge of electrical motor control design and mechanical products
- Ability to work with teams
- Task and goal oriented
Are we a good fit?
Good problem solving
Choose your career with us!
- Excellent working conditions & benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Leybold employs more than 1660 people on four continents. Most of them have a scientific or engineering background. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are a prerequisite for the pronounced innovativeness of the company and hence for its success.
The requirements of high-tech industry and the cultural diversity of our global company provide for an attractive and stimulating working environment. We therefore look for employees who do not only have the required technical skills but also have extensive soft skills and are able to work in and with international project teams.
For this reason, we place great importance on staff development and a continuous exchange of knowledge. Various education and training programs provide technical know-how and enhance basic skills. Thus, the personal development of each employee is promoted systematically.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V