- Assist with the management of the Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Compliance Program of the Company.
- Prepare and/or update the written SHE policy and procedures of the Company under the direction of the SHE Manager.
- Assist in the completion of incident investigations and the preparation of Incident Reports and Root Cause Analysis Reports (as needed) and track and evaluate incident data and assist in the development of corrective actions and oversee their implementation.
- Support the implementation and certification of ISO 14001/18001 standards and drive initiatives.
- Schedule internal audits of Leybold N. America to ensure that the SHE local & global procedures are being implemented and generate reports and recommendations based on findings.
- Manages and maintains day-to-day SHE programs, including safety training onboarding for new employees, PPE, and employee safety training in accordance with OSHA requirements.
- Maintain and conduct risk assessments and make recommendations for safety improvements as required following the assessments and work with managers to ensure incumbents are trained.
- Complete SHE scorecards monthly; Ensure adequate safety and first aid records are maintained.
- Arrange for inspections of sprinkler system, alarms, fire extinguishers, hoses, and cranes.
- Administrate Export Safety Team ensuring responsiveness to safety concerns.
- Provide required training for pertinent employees, such as Hazard Communications, Forklift Safety, Lockout/Tagout, PPE, and coordinate the SDS Program, etc.
- Coordinate Respiratory Fit, Hearing Tests, Medical Surveillance Exams annually, and document.
- Coordinate first aid/CPR certification and flu shots for Export employees.
- Coordinate workers’ compensation and preventive measures.
- Ensure cleanliness of and workability of eyewash stations in shop.
- Coordinate and monitor the environmental program.
- Record waste stream amounts for environmental management program; prepare waste disposal amounts annually and file annual reports.
- Coordinate the Safety Shoe/Safety Glass programs and provide PPE, medical supplies, etc.
- Keep abreast of industry standards and trends of OSHA and ANSI including, but not limited to, CFR 1910 and 1926 as well as legislation affecting these areas.
- Bachelor's degree in, Safety Sciences, Environmental Health, Occupational Safety or related discipline or minimum of 4 years equivalent experience in a manufacturing industry. Consideration may be made for candidates with an Associate’s Degree and relevant experience and/or certifications such as Certificate in Safety Management (CSM).
- Experience with ISO 14001/18001/45001 is desired
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- High attention to detail.
- A flexible approach and ability to work under pressure.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- People oriented with excellent communication skills both oral and written.-
- Strong pc skills is a must.
A comprehensive benefits scheme.
Member of a multi-national company with a wide-reaching internal job market.
A placement in an international location.
Building a career in a fantastic and forward-looking company.