We want to be a workplace for everyone. At Leybold we know that diversity and inclusion are critical to our long-term success.
We know that diversity and inclusion help us understand our customers’ needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation and results.
Interested to work in an environmental that develops high technology cryo products for scientific and R&D applications?
Do you love to interact with colleagues around the globe?
Are you a driver of industry 4.0 within a production organization?
We have the right and existing job in a challenging environment that continuously searches for improvements through interaction, commitment and innovation.
The mission of the Vacuum Technique Production System (VTPS) Engineer (m/f/d) is to drive and supervise lean activities as part of continuous improvement in production areas to eliminate all types of waste and to increase productivity on individual lines and machines. To implement and enhance all VTPS elements throughout production. To train and coach people in VTPS philosophy. To support the kaizen culture implementation in cooperation with manufacturing team.
Your responsibilities would be more in detail:
- Ensures implementation of VTPS management system and drives VTPS cultural enhancement throughout the plant
- Cooperates with engineering teams when implementing new technologies, machines, lines to ensure VTPS alignment from the very beginning of operations
- Drives use and implementation of lean techniques to set up workplaces in line with lean philosophy, follow ergonomy of work process when new workplace is created and prepared
- Utilizes LEAN, Six Sigma, and other best practice tools and principles for day-to-day problem solving and continuous improvement
- Optimization of production structures and processes with regard to throughput times, costs and quality in the context of value stream analysis and lean processes (TPM, 5S, Poka Yoke, structured problem analysis according to lean methods, construction of shop floor and KPI boards, etc.)
- Be active member of New Product Introduction (NPI) project team to ensure a production- and assembly-oriented design in line with the VTPS production system
- Being the driving force for implementation of industry 4.0 through digitalization of all data streams with minimalization of administrative work and focus on ease of use principals
What you can expect from us?
- Excellent working conditions
- Independent and wide-ranging tasks and responsibilities
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Modern learning management system with free access to worldwide courses
- Attractive remuneration package
- Flexible working time models
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
What we expect of you?
- Successfully completed studies as an engineer, preferably with a focus on mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or production engineering, or equivalent through working experience
- Independent, self-reliant and structured way of working
- Flexibility, commitment and motivation, sense of responsibility, reliability
- Ability to communicate and work in a team
- Safe handling of common software applications: MS Office, SAP
- Good command of German and English
About Leybold. Leybold employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success. The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams. Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.