Responsible for managing the entire supply chain process including identifying suppliers, qualifications, procurement, supply contracts, supplier KPIs (OTP, quality) and cost / value evaluation and control. Serve as bridge between suppliers and engineering / operations. Manage supply chain and logistics activities including but not limited to customs compliance, purchase order management, on-time delivery, material forecasting, inventory management, supply chain management, by leading a team of sourcing experts, buyers and forecasters.
- Manage supplier relationships including supplier evaluations, contracts, lead-time and price negotiations, on-time delivery, quality assurance, pro-active supplier development, packing and shipping consistency.
- Identify new suppliers for all commodities and technical products in conjunction with Systems + Solutions Global Leadership team. Provide a conduit between suppliers and operations / engineering to identify ways where design-for-source can lead to lower costs and/or shorter lead times. Support the ongoing standardization activities.
- Be aware of and ensure compliance to all relevant VTBA Procurement policies and procedures
- Manage inventory and forecasting processes to continuously improve turns and delivery cycle times. Ensure effective forecast in connection with the internal and external suppliers.
- Manage the internal supply chain from the global Atlas Copco Product Companies ensuring accurate I/C pricing guidelines are followed and coordinate all logistical activities including transportation and import / export compliance
- Manage purchase orders for timely entry, material availability, product expediting, customs clearance and delivery to maximize OTD to their requested date.
- Ensure accuracy of inventory and compliance to corporate inventory goals and objectives.
- Improve processes to a higher level of efficiency to exceed results within the entire organization. Special focus on Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain, Forecasting, and Inventory Management.
- Provide strategic KPIs and analysis for procurement and supply chain metrics
- Oversee external warehouse activities
- Care and be a driving force for the Company’s overall performance and image. Be familiar with Atlas Copco’s “The Way We Do Things” and “Business Code of Practice” and apply in daily operations
- Develop and own the local Procurement OGSM ensuring alignment with the Systems Global Procurement OGSM
- Work in close co-operation with the Systems Procurement Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Finance or Business Administration is required.
- MBA or any relevant graduate degree is desirable
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a supply chain management , preferably of technical / industrial products
- Technical knowledge and experience around applicable commodities such as fabrications, motors, and instrumentation / controls
- Experience in procurement materials for the process industry and rotating equipment preferred.
- Leadership, interpersonal, and negotiating skills are a must
- Experience in Global Sourcing and SAP experience is a plus.
- Office systems knowledge including Microsoft Office products, Excel, Word.
- Proficiency in working with spreadsheets, i.e., Excel, Microsoft Access, etc.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiarity with technical industrial products and fabrications for the process industry is highly desired.
- Experience utilizing ERP system solutions along with specific knowledge of the Microsoft office program suite. Knowledge of SAP preferable; basic project management skills.
- Must have organizational awareness and ability to function in harmony with other functions to achieve business objectives.
- Information sharing, growth drive, capability development, change leadership, customer orientated.
- Strong communication and interaction skills; able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a high workload environment with proven ability in building partnerships across a matrix organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer – M/F/D/V
What we Expect of You:
- A broad knowledge and experience in Supply Chain management and processes with a technical product
- Business development skills
- Excellent communication, administrative, and interpersonal skills
- High knowledge and use of Microsoft Office
- SAP and Manufacturing systems (SAP) software and CRM's is desired
- Proactive and self-motivated. High attention to detail
- A flexible approach and ability to work under pressure
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent working conditions and benefits
- Part of the Atlas Copco Group with a wide-reaching internal job market
- Work in a global diverse and dynamic environment
- You can grow with us: we always look for internal candidates before checking the market and have training and development programs
- We have a friendly, family-like atmosphere – and that is not just a claim on the wall, it’s a true fact
- You can be creative and promote your own ideas
- Every day brings new challenges and new things to learn
Leybold and Edwardss employs people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company also contributes to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams.
Leybold and Edwards are part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values. A wide range of training and further education programs are available, to enhance technical know-how and systematically expand skills. Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.