At Leybold Customer Centre North and East we’re seeking an innovative and entrepreneurial Service Sales Engineer to join our team in the UK. As a Service Sales Engineer you will focus on maximizing the sustainable growth of our service business across the UK territory (mainly within the Midlands) by promoting sales of service products to new and existing customers, in accordance with agreed business plans, representing Leybold in a manner that all products are promoted.
Reporting into the Business Line Manager for VTS, you will be empowered to make a difference whilst also given the support and opportunity to develop your skills.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Plan and prioritize personal sales activities and customer/prospect contacts towards achieving agreed business targets.
- Frequent visits to existing and new potential clients to target areas of business.
- Promote and expand the current service business through service product portfolio.
- Cooperate with service aftermarket team to provide good after sales service to customers and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Analyze and provide timely, accurate market information to management, such as pricing situations, status of activities and "red flag" issues related to business in the region.
- Undertake proposals of assigned service products.
- Develop and maintain good customer relationships at all levels within the area and ensure an excellent standard of aftermarket service is provided.
- Liaise with colleagues where appropriate to maximize customer relationship and business outcome wherever possible.
- Communicate and follow-up with customers to identify their needs and ways that Leybold equipment can support those needs
- Respond to customer requests for repair cost reimbursement or complaints in an effective and efficient manner.
What we expect of you?
- Qualifications in a science or engineering related subject is preferable
- Good understanding of what value-based selling intends for Service business
- Sound technical understanding and ability to quickly adopt to new products/ technical developments
- Experience working in an industrial environment, ideally with engineering background
- Clear understanding of optimized territory management
- Strong sales techniques and skills
- Good commercial and awareness
- Good understanding or contractual terms and conditions and negotiation capability
- Ability to influence and engage with others in pursuit of business opportunities
- Ability to create problem resolution plans and drive to conclusion
- Ability to work as part of a team, or to lead a team in the execution of an account or territory strategy
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Experience working within the vacuum industry
What you can expect of us?
At Leybold we know that investment in our people is key to our business success which is why we offer a journey of endless opportunities. We strongly believe that passionate people create exceptional things and this ethos creates the framework in which we work. We believe in challenging the status quo, always looking for a better way. Our leading-edge technology and close customer collaboration enable us to innovate for a sustainable future. With us you will have the authority to act and many opportunities to create lasting results.
We want to be a workplace for everyone. At Leybold we know that diversity and inclusion are crucial to our long-term success. We know that diversity and inclusion help us understand our customers needs and strengthen employee motivation, productivity, innovation and results.
We offer a comprehensive package consisting of:
- performance related bonus
- excellent benefits
The history of Leybold spans a period of over 170 years. Our mission is to drive sustainable, profitable growth aligned with our core values of interaction, commitment and innovation. We employ people on four continents. Many of them have a scientific or technical focus. Their knowledge, creativity and experience are essential for our success.
Leybold is part of the Vacuum Technique Business area of the Atlas Copco Group. The Group's sustainable approach also determines our visions and values.
The demands of the high-tech industry and the cultural diversity in our globally active company contribute to an attractive and stimulating working environment at Leybold. Technical knowledge is important to us, as are personal soft skills and the willingness to work in international project teams. We offer a wide range of training and further education programs, to enhance your know-how and to systematically expand skills.
Because only great ideas accelerate innovation.
Leybold is where it begins – Passionate people create exceptional things.